Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there was a god.... then..
If there was a god.... then..
tell me how the world would be...
PS if you're about to post a reply and your response is going to be negative, improper, average, odd, obtuse, irrational, an argument, might change the focus, going off at a tangent or just mean ... go and find a maths forum to post on instead, they'll love you !!
RE: If there was a god.... then..
I'll get back to you after he tells me
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

the world could be a magical place where mankind would still experience personal growth, freedom, joy and fulfillment without abject suffering and unspeakable horrors.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Joseph Smith really would be getting his ass reamed with broken glass and caustic soda in HELL
Well who knows. You haven't really provided enough details about the characteristics of this God. One thing that would be pretty certain, we would know for sure that he existed because he would actively interact with the world or at least let us know 'hey, I'm up here'
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
That would depend on the God.
(December 27, 2014 at 6:00 pm)Elskidor Wrote: That would depend on the God.

Just imagine yourself in spirit, but with arbitrarily precise foresight and creation powers
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 27, 2014 at 5:59 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Well who knows. You haven't really provided enough details about the characteristics of this God. One thing that would be pretty certain, we would know for sure that he existed because he would actively interact with the world or at least let us know 'hey, I'm up here'

"there's a god" and you want me to tell you about her?
PS if you're about to post a reply and your response is going to be negative, improper, average, odd, obtuse, irrational, an argument, might change the focus, going off at a tangent or just mean ... go and find a maths forum to post on instead, they'll love you !!
Would this be a benign god, and indifferent one, or an evil one? Would it be an all powerful creator, or something less than that? Would that god be particularly interested in humans?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 27, 2014 at 6:10 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Would this be a benign god, and indifferent one, or an evil one? Would it be an all powerful creator, or something less than that? Would that god be particularly interested in humans?

You're questioning GOD ffs ! I don't know, I'm only human !