Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuts and Ducks and Championships OH MY!
Nuts and Ducks and Championships OH MY!
The College National Championship is set now for next week. I be rooting for my Mommy's all- me -matter, O- HI -O State Buckeyes, when they play the Oregon Ducks.

Watching the Sugar Bowl last night it really looked early on like Ohio was going to let that get way out of hand against Alabama.
RE: Nuts and Ducks and Championships OH MY!
I was losing my fucking mind. Hard to believe that that was Cardale Jone's 2nd ever start and both starts were high profile games. Even harder to believe he's the third string back up. What a crazy year OSU has had with quarterbacks. Usually when there's a storyline involving quarterbacks in Ohio it isn't good.

Oregon is gonna be tough, and I don't know if we can do it. I just keep putting all these "firsts" in my back pocket. Hopefully I can put another OSU championship memory in there.

O-H!!!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(January 2, 2015 at 7:52 am)Exian Wrote: I was losing my fucking mind. Hard to believe that that was Cardale Jone's 2nd ever start and both starts were high profile games. Even harder to believe he's the third string back up. What a crazy year OSU has had with quarterbacks. Usually when there's a storyline involving quarterbacks in Ohio it isn't good.

Oregon is gonna be tough, and I don't know if we can do it. I just keep putting all these "firsts" in my back pocket. Hopefully I can put another OSU championship memory in there.

O-H!!!

I don't know about that, Ohio has beaten some pretty good teams this year on top of beating #1 Ranked Alabama yesterday. I think Ohio can and should beat Oregon even though Oregon is picked as the 7 point favorites.
(January 2, 2015 at 8:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: I don't know about that, Ohio has beaten some pretty good teams this year on top of beating #1 Ranked Alabama yesterday. I think Ohio can and should beat Oregon even though Oregon is picked as the 7 point favorites.
Betting lines are designed to keep the money even on both sides, so all it means is that more people expect Oregon to win. But putting 42 points and 537 yards on the board against Alabama is impressive. The NCAA has to be happy with that, after a blowout in the earlier game. They'd love for the first playoffs to feature some excitement, and not a 59-20 game that is over in the third quarter.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Hey, I won't argue with that! It should be interesting either way. I hear both teams have the other's number. Actually, I heard that from Tim Tebow, so who the fuck knows.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(January 2, 2015 at 8:25 am)Exian Wrote: Hey, I won't argue with that! It should be interesting either way. I hear both teams have the other's number. Actually, I heard that from Tim Tebow, so who the fuck knows.
Well if Tim Fleebow said it it must be true. *COUGH*
I still don't think 4 teams constitutes playoffs. The NFL has 12 teams make it.

I'll tell you what I really hate, is how all these Bowl games went from saying "Sponsored By" to "The Corporate Greed Bowl". I think only the Rose Bowl still says "Sponsored by".

I am sick of how bad advertising has gotten in this country. It has gotten to the point we should not be surprised if in the future you had to watch a corporate add just to flush your toilet.

Or what if you are giving birth and the doctor said to the spouse "You have to watch this add over and over during labor in order to stay in the delivery room".

PLEASE ASSHOLES, seriously, we don't mind the private sector, but your greed is on the level of a celebrity stalker!
Ohio State is so pretentious. They refer to themselves as "The Ohio State." Of course, Oregon is pretty much a Nike run program, so there's not much to root for there, either. Plus, I don't really care for the teams with big recruiting machines. I like to see schools that don't draw the big high school players so easily in the big games.

Speaking of which, I caught the last two minutes of the Cotton Bowl. One of the best finishes I've seen in a while, as long as you're not a Baylor fan that is.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 2, 2015 at 10:12 am)Faith No More Wrote: Ohio State is so pretentious. They refer to themselves as "The Ohio State." Of course, Oregon is pretty much a Nike run program, so there's not much to root for there, either. Plus, I don't really care for the teams with big recruiting machines. I like to see schools that don't draw the big high school players so easily in the big games.

Speaking of which, I caught the last two minutes of the Cotton Bowl. One of the best finishes I've seen in a while, as long as you're not a Baylor fan that is.

They could lose that part sure. I never liked Dallas calling itself "America's team" considering the NFL doesn't have teams outside the U.S.

But it is my Mommy's College, and I love my Mom so............
Ummmm.... Go Ducks?
Angel