Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protiens assembling themselves
Protiens assembling themselves
Another win for abiogenesis.

Quote:Open any introductory biology textbook and one of the first things you'll learn is that our DNA spells out the instructions for making proteins, tiny machines that do much of the work in our body's cells. Results from a study published on Jan. 2 in Science defy textbook science, showing for the first time that the building blocks of a protein, called amino acids, can be assembled without blueprints - DNA and an intermediate template called messenger RNA (mRNA)

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-01-defying-tex...s.html#jCp
RE: Protiens assembling themselves
Wait for the "God did that" sticker to be put on it.

I'm sure this is all easily interpreted from the bible.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 2, 2015 at 10:45 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Another win for abiogenesis.

Quote:Open any introductory biology textbook and one of the first things you'll learn is that our DNA spells out the instructions for making proteins, tiny machines that do much of the work in our body's cells. Results from a study published on Jan. 2 in Science defy textbook science, showing for the first time that the building blocks of a protein, called amino acids, can be assembled without blueprints - DNA and an intermediate template called messenger RNA (mRNA)

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-01-defying-tex...s.html#jCp

Urey-Millier demonstrated the formation of amnio acids without proteins long before this paper.
(January 3, 2015 at 6:58 am)Heywood Wrote:

Urey-Millier demonstrated the formation of amnio acids without proteins long before this paper.

This paper demonstates that amino acids can assemble into more complicated proteins without the help of RNA or DNA. Then complex proteins could and would of existed long before RNA or DNA came to the scene.
Creatards have a(nother) problem, increases in knowledge of the details of amino acids, genes, etc, requires them to evolve their arguments, since God did not see the need to enlighten them with foreknowledge of these developments, and let them work out the proper arguments in the first place.

Sucks, don't it ???

Tongue

Quote:Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-01-defying-tex...s.html#jCp

How is this a win for abiogenesis?
Rqc2 steps in and provides (function unknown but probably bad) amino acid sequencing data for previously operational ribosomes (proteins in themselves). It looks more like an accidental add-on to a functioning protein synthesis path rather than some possible protein to life bootstrap.
Sure proteins can react with proteins and may have during abiogenesis, but this looks way too complicated to hint at a first step to me.

Heywood, you have access to magic, right? Could you ask your way up the divine command chain and get a clarification for this? Rqc2: how God turned dirt into life or just some accident at the end of the protein synthesis assembly line. No partial credit unless you show your work.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Quote:Creatards have a(nother) problem, increases in knowledge

Increasing knowledge never happens to creatards.
(January 3, 2015 at 3:51 pm)JuliaL Wrote:

How is this a win for abiogenesis?
Rqc2 steps in and provides (function unknown but probably bad) amino acid sequencing data for previously operational ribosomes (proteins in themselves). It looks more like an accidental add-on to a functioning protein synthesis path rather than some possible protein to life bootstrap.
Sure proteins can react with proteins and may have during abiogenesis, but this looks way too complicated to hint at a first step to me.

I agree that this is still too early as a proof that complex protein synstesis self develops. This does demonstrate a mechanicism that complex protein might of developed if no RNA or DNA were present.
(January 3, 2015 at 4:10 pm)Surgenator Wrote:

I agree that this is still too early as a proof that complex protein synstesis self develops. This does demonstrate a mechanicism that complex protein might of developed if no RNA or DNA were present.
Agreed, evidence accumulates and
certainty rarely learns.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-Assembling Molecules Offer New Clues on Life's Possible Origin pocaracas 8 3251 April 25, 2013 at 8:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger