Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuckin' Really?
Fuckin' Really?
Archaeologists find possible site of Jesus’s trial in Jerusalem

Quote:“There is, of course, no inscription stating it happened here, but everything — archaeological, historical and gospel accounts — all falls into place and makes sense,” Gibson said.

Right.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Fuckin' Really?
Eh, it'll get about as much consideration as the seven different Arks that have been found.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Isn't this kind of fluff usually published just before Christmas or Easter?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 6, 2015 at 10:45 am)thesummerqueen Wrote:
Quote:“There is, of course, no inscription stating it happened here, but everything — archaeological, historical and gospel accounts — all falls into place and makes sense because that's what we really, really want to believe,” Gibson said.
That's a little more accurate.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Roman trials were held in a public square in front of some administrative building. So big fucking deal. Now show me that someone named Jesus was tried there.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 6, 2015 at 10:59 am)abaris Wrote: Roman trials were held in a public square in front of some administrative building. So big fucking deal. Now show me that someone named Jesus was tried there.

Well there probably was at some point. Jeshua is not such a rare name.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

they are full of shit. I was digging in my backyard and found a jail and that was where jesus was imprisoned. I must be right, because I said so. If you do not believe me, just ask me.

ROFLOL
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 6, 2015 at 10:59 am)abaris Wrote: Roman trials were held in a public square in front of some administrative building. So big fucking deal. Now show me that someone named Jesus was tried there.

And prove that he really was the son of the god who created the universe.

To think that this 'discovery' does anything to bolster the veracity of the Bible requires a rather tremendous cognitive blind spot indeed.
Quote:Today, many Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem walk the Stations of the Cross, or Via Dolorosa, taking them from where it is believed Roman procurator Pontius Pilate held the trial and sentenced Jesus to death, to where Jesus was eventually crucified and buried.

What is truly amusing is that the levels of first century Jerusalem are 30 feet down, buried when Roman builders leveled and tamped down the rubble of the destroyed city in order to build the new Roman city of Aelia Capitolina on top of it.

I always laugh my ass off at those jesus freak shitwits...especially the ones who make the trip on their fucking knees and all the time thinking they are so 'holy.' Morons.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/aelia.htm
Shimon Gibson is probably one of the best educated worst field archeologists working today. He's a very, VERY bright fellow.

His religious sensibilities, however, make his scientific work all but worthless. He starts everything from the premise that the synoptic Gospels are histories written on the spot. When he goes into the field, he finds what he wants to find.

Sad when such a potentially great mind gets infected with rubbish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson