Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's road ep.1
Devil's road ep.1
Last night I started work on a new written series, just for these forums. It will be released whenever i can arse my self to write a new story, and since I am a new writer I welcome all critic on style and writing, the more constructive the better. Though you may want to see where this story is going before you critic that, as I have kept the setting and characters a touch vague on purpose, I intend to reveal more and more with each ep. Here it is with out futher ado.

I awoke, my head buzzing with the destruction of caravan. Then out of the haze burst a young man on a mustang with a bright blue mohawk. He wore nothing but a ammo belt as he and his horse rushed into a frenzied charge. He Threw his gun aside and pulled a sabre as he rushed through the caravan strewn upon the road screaming “ I am going to cut your head off and fuck your corpse you piece of fucking shit!!” Just as he bore down on me I found my legs and knife in my hand. I leap aside seeking cover in a torn wreck of a car. I held my breath as he circled around still yelling “ I am gonna slice you, you piece of shit!” Intermixed with the profane yelling of the bandits I could hear the sounds of dying people, horses, and horrid smell of burning flesh.
I had to force all other thoughts from my mind, There was one thing I had to do and that was live to see my daughter become a woman grown, to see my wife smile one more time. I knew he would come around, so I positioned myself to leap from the car in ambush. The whole world went quiet for a moment when I heard the horse’s hooves clamp right where I wanted them to be. The rage screamed in my mind as I leaped like animal from the wreckage with a bowie knife. His horse reared and I got a glimpse of fear move across the bandits face as I landed on horse. I was too far forward caught the horse in the neck. Still as we we went down I tried to position to stab the bandit but we hit the ground too fast. I scrambled over the horse, and drove the knife into the man’s forehead. It wasn’t until I stood that pain shot up my leg, enough to make me scream. The last thing I remember is sonic blaster taking me in the leg before the eintire world went black.
I could feel the truck moving down a rough road as I awoke what felt like days later. Suddenly my heart started thumping like a drum and my eyes shot open, the bandits they had me! A 14 year old boy was sitting next to me, and he cynically laughed “you ain’t killing shit with that leg big fella.” I looked down to see my leg in a old style full leg cast. The boy then smiled “Don’t worry, we might not have the fanciest gear, but we got a doc that knows his shit.” I rolled my eyes, these out back hillbillies would not know a doctor from my arsehole. The boy’s smile then faded, in a getting down to business manner and he asked, “do you know the year?” I replied “2107” I then and asked “hey kid you know where I could get a drink?” He motioned to the jug of water next to my makeshift gurney, then continued. “And where your from?” I sighed in annoyance and said “The North.” He calmly continued “your name?” This time I looked the kid in the face and said “ And what the fuck would you want that for? Trying to get a good angle on me so you can sell me to one of those desert lords? I heard slaves with detailed background sell better.” The boy became visibly angry at the mention and responded “ I ain’t no filthy fucking chainer, but if you don’t even wonna co-operate on a easy memory test then we can easily leave you at next crossroads, after all chainers even take useless crap.”
I actually chuckled at the boy and said to him “ My name is Cardigan Hanes, if you must know.” I continued, “now that you have that little nugget, I want you ask you some questions. First of all how did you find me?” The boy just gave me a look and said “ You really are a foreigner, You were in a caravan, and we are caravaneers. That means that when we find the wreck of a caravan we pick it for all its worth and take the wounded as far as the next enclave at least. And no, no one else from caravan survived.” That came to me like a punch to the gut, and I sat quiet for a moment. The horror began to replay in my mind. I rallied just long to ask “how long?” I could tell he’s done this a few times, give people bad news. He said “3 days” very solemnly. Feeling the urge to distract myself, I almost reflexively I asked the boy, “ Pass me that hand held scanner by my foot.” He tentatively he passed it to me with a expression of curiosity, as he moved I caught a glimpse of a white wrap around his chest. he placed the device in my hand and I said out loud to my self “A old c 150 med scanner, probably made circa 2060, battle field scanner this is.” I then stuck my tongue out to the left, turning it and pressing buttons. My hand then slide along the seam and I popped it open and to see the guts of the machine. I spotted the problem instantly and pulled the small battery. I looked at the boy and asked “ pass me that rag.”
He did so without to taking his eyes off my hands, and as I polished the battery and its seat I asked him “what is your name?” In a hush toned he said “James, what are you doing?” I didn’t answer james directly, instead I simply put it back together and passed it to him. Before I could say anything he pointed it at my chest and hit the power button. The flat display flashed a few time then in the air before james appeared a perfect hologram of my chest cavity and all the readouts a battlefield medic could ever wish for. All james had to say was one awed whisper “you are a technologist.”
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Devil's road ep.1
No comments?
Signifying nothing.
RE: Devil's road ep.1
Still nothing?
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wrong Road Taken Goosebump 0 221 February 12, 2024 at 2:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Devil Went Down, to what we all do. Brian37 1 528 July 6, 2020 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Death Is The Road To Awe HeyItsZeus 19 4583 May 15, 2011 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  See the Movie ('film' for you foreigners) "Devil"? Dotard 1 1479 January 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus