Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Is The Road To Awe
Death Is The Road To Awe
This song made me cry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZuQ_r3ROY
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: Death Is The Road To Awe
Totally agreed. Nevermind songs, this is one of the most powerful combinations of music and imagery in the history of film. I remember seeing the part just after the 3-4 second pause in the theatre, and my jaw just dropped. It's awe-inspiring.
- Meatball
Damn, I've never even heard of this movie and it has one of Oz's best actors in it.

I'm ordering it today.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Picked it up from JB hifi today(along with a 1tb hard drive, a panasonic I-pod soundsystem and the new Foo fighters album)

About to sit down and watch it now........
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
This movie has some stunning imagery, but it was about as incoherent as anything I've ever seen.
Thanks TP.

Until this morning I'd never even heard of this movie, now it's one of my favorites.

The imagery and the atmosphere is intense and at the end where he bursts into light is just stunning.

(April 23, 2011 at 3:13 am)theVOID Wrote: This movie has some stunning imagery, but it was about as incoherent as anything I've ever seen.

Agreed V0ID ...it is a very hard film to follow. Worth the effort though. If you can get past the "eyecandy" it is quite good...reminiscent of "IMORTAL"

I will have to watch it a few times to 'get it'. The special features are of help.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 23, 2011 at 3:13 am)theVOID Wrote: This movie has some stunning imagery, but it was about as incoherent as anything I've ever seen.

Incoherent? How so?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(April 23, 2011 at 8:33 am)SpatiumTempusque Wrote:

Incoherent? How so?
A lot of people don't like the handling or presentation of the 3 "storylines".

SPOILER WARNING!!!
-
-
-
My interpretation is that the film is about Dr. Hugh Jackman trying to find a cure for his wife's illness. As we see, he neglects his wife and spends all his energy searching for a cure or a "fix" so she won't die. Even after she is at peace with death he completely fails to understand. The Conquistador angle is his wife's book she was writing and wanting him to finish. The space-tree stuff is a symbolic representation of the doctors inner journey. Upon reading his wife's story and realizing that her true wish isn't to live forever, the 3 "stories" all converge as a way of showing his new understanding and recognition of death as a part of life. It's not actually about a man flying a space bubble to Xibulba, but about a man being at peace with the death of his loved one. It's not actually about a Conquistador searching for the Tree of Life, but about a woman finding a way to let her and her husband "live forever" through their mutually written story.
-
-
-
SPOILERS END

I love this movie.
- Meatball

You're not kidding ... this movie should've come with fucking cliff notes!

what good is cool ass imagery if everyone has to guess at what the hell point you're trying to make.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wrong Road Taken Goosebump 0 154 February 12, 2024 at 2:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Devil's road ep.1 Lemonvariable72 2 730 January 16, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72