Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No good deed
No good deed
My secular group did a food and clothing drive for the holidays (with more planned for the after-holidays), and our local paper covered it very even-handedly:

http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/21/38281....html?rh=1

And the same story, re-magined:

http://www.scpoliticaldigest.com/index.p...christians

I wish I had bet that someone would find something bad to say about our charitable activities.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
RE: No good deed
You know you're dealing with a first class moron if this comes up.

Quote: Atheists, or non-Christians, in the Soviet Union, China and NAZI Germany accounted for millions of deaths.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I bet T. Lawrence is a blast at parties.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Yeah, a real piece of work.
Quote:Atheists trying to out-Christian Christians
Next on your list: bugger young boys, bomb an abortion clinic, and beat up a few gays!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Comments section at the bottom was the best part of the whole piece.

Quote:I would like to thank the author on behalf of MAASH for the free publicity. We met our donation goals and found out about this piece from one of our visitors. The drive was very successful, especially for an early effort.
Gentle sarcasm is a gift, beyond me - but this guy aced it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Never assume the goodwill of any fucker who believes in an invisible sky-daddy. They all suck cock.
Rhythm: "Gentle sarcasm is a gift, beyond me - but this guy aced it. "

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his, but I can't claim his sarcasm is always so gentle.

On the topic of free publicity, now that I look around, I see Mr. Niose gave our group a shout-out:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-...-here-stay

And I will now stop looking for plugs for my group. I'm just happy they're out there.
(January 13, 2015 at 1:48 pm)abaris Wrote: You know you're dealing with a first class moron if this comes up.

Quote: Atheists, or non-Christians, in the Soviet Union, China and NAZI Germany accounted for millions of deaths.

Lol.

Think I found my new religious description.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(January 13, 2015 at 1:48 pm)abaris Wrote: You know you're dealing with a first class moron if this comes up.

Yes an A grade idiot having a go at people going out of their way to do good deeds.
In his eyes anyone but a Christian doing a good deed is a copy cat and should just go back to being immoral.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.