Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V.I.Question
V.I.Question
Does james bond believe in god ????
RE: V.I.Question
Super derp.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He did until M died in Skyfall. Now he's not sure about god. His beliefs have been shaken...not stirred. Can you believe I'm still single?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Yeah, God and James Bond hang out all the time. Along with Spider Man, Captain Kirk and Santa Clause.
Of course he does, but Queen and Country come first, duh.
This is your first sensible thread here, and very nicely un-wall of texty. Alas, in the wrong subforum.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Actually, any belief - unstated - that he might have had in a god probably died when Teresa (Tracy) Bond (née Draco), Bond's wife, was killed by Blofeld's henchman Bunt in a drive-by shooting, à la On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

I own the complete DVD set. Sue me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 15, 2015 at 1:03 am)Stimbo Wrote: Actually, any belief - unstated - that he might have had in a god probably died when Teresa (Tracy) Bond (née Draco), Bond's wife, was killed by Blofeld's henchman Bunt in a drive-by shooting, à la On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Is it bad that I also own the DVD set, but I've never seen that particular film? Angel
I've seen it once 500 years ago and ever since skipped it as "too depressing"

(January 15, 2015 at 1:18 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 1:03 am)Stimbo Wrote: Actually, any belief - unstated - that he might have had in a god probably died when Teresa (Tracy) Bond (née Draco), Bond's wife, was killed by Blofeld's henchman Bunt in a drive-by shooting, à la On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Is it bad that I also own the DVD set, but I've never seen that particular film? Angel

It's a Lazenby bond, isn't it?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If it's any consolation, I have the full set too.
Lazenby was awful. Really.