Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 Questions Type Puzzel
20 Questions Type Puzzel
Another thread reminded me of this profoundly silly puzzle.

1, 3, 7, 11, 13.

What is the pattern? It's not exactly what you think it is. Give me another number sequence and I'll tell you yes or no whether it follows the pattern.

Tell me the rule and I'll tell you yes or no whether it is the rule. Hint: you'll need to try some other number sequences to figure it out.

I'll pm Stimbo with the answer (sorry for not asking to make you judge first) so that you can tell I'm not making up the rules as I go along.

Can you all figure it out in 20 questions?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: 20 Questions Type Puzzel
26, 28, 32, 36, 38.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 20, 2015 at 12:20 am)c172 Wrote: 26, 28, 32, 36, 38.

Yes
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Ascending?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
6, 8, 12, 16, 18
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 20, 2015 at 12:30 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: 6, 8, 12, 16, 18

Yes

(January 20, 2015 at 12:26 am)Exian Wrote: Ascending?

Well Damn. It usually takes about 30 questions for people to reach that very simple truth. Yes. Yes and Yes.
I'm getting a +2 +4 +4 +2 sequence thus far, but now the question is, is that the entire loop? Does it progress further than that into a bigger loop?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Whoa cool! Math being my last option as a general rule finally paid off. Though to be fair, I used c172's post as a clue. That sort of counts as my first question.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
See Exian's answer above. The answer is that each number is larger than the last. Usually it takes people quite a while to get the answer because it is too simple.
(January 20, 2015 at 12:26 am)Exian Wrote: Ascending?

Yep, that's what the lovely lady said to me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fun Mathy Type Riddles Losty 119 23680 November 16, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4