Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 2:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Atheist here.

I decided to join this board because I got sick of the lame arguments with religious people; yesterday I had debated with them and pointed out that Jesus was not white but a dark Olive-Skinned Middle-Eastern, yet all I saw were responses attempting to rationalize Jesus looking like the typical Swedish male model or that he could have ''been any race'', and among other arguments such as Exodus being a true account (it isn't).

It seems that Atheists know more about religion than the actual followers/believers, so I decided to join this forum because I want to see if other people share the same experiences of arguing with religious people who know nothing about their own religion and see how Atheism differs between cultures and people's stories of Atheism.

So, hi.
RE: Hello
Heh, most of us are atheists because we learned more about religion. Welcome aboard.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Welcome
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
I'm an atheist who was never religious to begin with, so I got that little privilege

Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Hey Messiah, welcome Smile

Yeah, arguing with theists is very frustrating. They are always dishonest, because they're selling a broken product. The only question is whether they are aware they are being dishonest.

Hope you find what you're looking for here. You're right, on the whole atheists know the bible inside out compared to christians. And we're capable of reading the actual words on the page too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
All hail TheMessiah Smile
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Hiyas. There are plenty of silly arguments here, too.

Hello, Messiah!

Join in! Welcome to The One and True forums.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome,

You weren't predicted to come until later by Professor, but you are welcome non the less!
Welcome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6046 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3665 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates