Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So It Seems the Anti-Vax Crowd
So It Seems the Anti-Vax Crowd
really does think they can infect you in the name of Freedom.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/anti-...g-liberty/

Quote:Anti-vaxxer radio host accuses Jon Stewart of being a vaccine ‘Nazi’ for opposing ‘healing liberty’

Maniacs.
RE: So It Seems the Anti-Vax Crowd
Robert Scott Bell
Quote:Polio: the virus that causes paralysis, except in 99.5% to 99.9% of the people that get it.

Quote:Bell took exception to Stewart’s comments, saying, “He’s ready to take us out and put us in concentration camps.”

He may be on to something here. Perhaps it's time we implement George Carlin's idea of fencing off a large square state and move people there that would do us harm.
I wouldn't call it a concentration camp, because it's not: it's a quarantine, something that both federal and state governments in the US has been empowered to do for a very long time. If you want the right to not vaccinate then fine, you can have it. I'd like to see you argue that you also have the right to expose everyone else to the dangerous viral hotbox you're intent on turning your body into; no court in the world will uphold your right to knowingly infect others with deadly diseases.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Can we find a decent planet for rational people and move there? I have no problem leaving this one to those idiots and let them fuck up from a safe distance.
(February 6, 2015 at 4:13 pm)Esquilax Wrote: I wouldn't call it a concentration camp, because it's not: it's a quarantine, something that both federal and state governments in the US has been empowered to do for a very long time. If you want the right to not vaccinate then fine, you can have it. I'd like to see you argue that you also have the right to expose everyone else to the dangerous viral hotbox you're intent on turning your body into; no court in the world will uphold your right to knowingly infect others with deadly diseases.

Are you sure it's 'knowingly'? Seems likely that it's ignorantly. Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I'd say the risk to public health supercedes your "healing liberty". Want to take homeopathic water for your cancer? Fine. Want to use accupuncture instead of aspirin? Sure. Want to massage healing crystals rather than get prescription skin cream for your psoriasis? Knock yourself out.

But when you choose to not vaccinate your children, you're not only leaving them vulnerable, but you're actively affecting anyone around them, including the children of other couples, over whom you have no authority. One of the government's jobs is supposed to be public health and safety, and letting these whackjobs refuse to vaccinate is ludricrous and dangerous.

Your "healing liberty" stops at the phrase "highly contagious".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Guys I'm thinking about creating a poll to vote on legality regarding vaccination. What do you think?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It would be pointless, but you can do it if you wish. The majority here would be biased by facts Wink .
(February 6, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Guys I'm thinking about creating a poll to vote on legality regarding vaccination. What do you think?

When I was in school in Massachusetts, the law required certain vaccinations or you could not attend. Is this not the case everywhere?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(February 6, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Chas Wrote:
(February 6, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Guys I'm thinking about creating a poll to vote on legality regarding vaccination. What do you think?

When I was in school in Massachusetts, the law required certain vaccinations or you could not attend. Is this not the case everywhere?

Most places have the same rules.....except you can opt out for "philosophical or religious" reasons.

Oddly enough, Mississippi is the best about vaccines, and they don't let people opt out.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seems strange to me Ahriman 8 533 August 23, 2023 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Anti Smell Devices! Goosebump 2 233 February 18, 2022 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2249 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My response to questions for anti-SJW's Mechaghostman2 1 814 October 6, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  The Anti-Kudos Game Edwardo Piet 100 7207 April 19, 2016 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Crowd-sourcing Mrs. Rhythms European Vacation The Grand Nudger 4 884 December 30, 2015 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Would you ever take anti anxiety medication? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 105 8731 November 22, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Anti-intellectualism Is Killing America Pyrrho 30 4675 June 28, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
Exclamation Australia: Tough New Anti-Piracy Measures Aractus 25 4341 March 6, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are Anti-theists really the "mean atheists?" IanHulett 21 2826 January 22, 2015 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: dyresand