Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO the retirement home.
I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO the retirement home.
Just heard on TV that rock legends AC/DC who opened the Grammys last night used a teleprompter because they couldn't remember their own lyrics.
RE: I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO the retirement home.
Hells Bells!
Satan getchu! Satan something something!
Hells Bells!
He had those hanging sacks
Needed a prostate check
Knocken out in the middle of the day

And he
Went pee all night long.

Dirty Depends
Nurse cleans cheap
Dirty depends
Nurse cleans cheap
There's not much to get excited about here. A shit load of reputable performers use teleprompters for any number of reasons.

If I had to take a stab at why AC/DC used them during last night's performance, if they don't use them all the time, it would be to ensure a good performance with truncated arrangements they aren't accustomed to performing.

I've been in a situation where I wish I had a teleprompter, not to know the lyric, but to know where the fuck I was in the song. I recall playing bass and letting my mind wander only to realize that we were coming out of a chorus. The next words to myself were "Fucking hell, where are we?" Verse, solo, bridge?"

I'll assume it's more of a crutch than anything and personally don't care as long as I get a good show.
I remember watching the making of Guitar Hero: Metallica and seeing Lars struggle with the drum parts. A little bit of my world was shattered, but I was also already at the age where I forgot more of my own songs than I remembered. So I sorta get it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(February 9, 2015 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Just heard on TV that rock legends AC/DC who opened the Grammys last night used a teleprompter because they couldn't remember their own lyrics.

Sounds like too many drugs. I can still remember song lyrics from the 60's and I didn't write them.
(February 9, 2015 at 4:55 pm)Exian Wrote: I remember watching the making of Guitar Hero: Metallica and seeing Lars struggle with the drum parts. A little bit of my world was shattered, but I was also already at the age where I forgot more of my own songs than I remembered. So I sorta get it.

It's such a running gag that LU is supposed to be a lousy drummer that sometimes I wonder whether they are just mocking the stereotype Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 9, 2015 at 4:49 pm)Cato Wrote: There's not much to get excited about here. A shit load of reputable performers use teleprompters for any number of reasons.

If I had to take a stab at why AC/DC used them during last night's performance, if they don't use them all the time, it would be to ensure a good performance with truncated arrangements they aren't accustomed to performing.

I've been in a situation where I wish I had a teleprompter, not to know the lyric, but to know where the fuck I was in the song. I recall playing bass and letting my mind wander only to realize that we were coming out of a chorus. The next words to myself were "Fucking hell, where are we?" Verse, solo, bridge?"

I'll assume it's more of a crutch than anything and personally don't care as long as I get a good show.

It's called humor dude. They are old, not exactly Beiber or Swift now. I think the real reason is that after you write so many who can remember everything.

I have written almost 500 poems. I cant recite them all.
Bieber!!!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm)Alex K Wrote: Bieber!!!

Lol, Alex, I didn't know. The whole black metal thing is just a cover, then? :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art in the Home FrustratedFool 17 1292 October 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua