Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art in the Home
Art in the Home
What art do you have, or desire to have, in your home?
RE: Art in the Home
You can probably guess what painting I picked if you look at my Avatar and can recognise art.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Several Rodin reproductions, some antique Japanese lacquerwork, vintage movie posters.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've got a Rosamond that I bought about 50 years ago.  And I've got a poster of terraced rice farming in China and a poster of snowcapped mountains in China.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My fridge is covered in it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I suppose when I think about it, I've got a Pride flag and a Minnesota Twins flag in my window. And the curtain of fairy lights on the wall at the head of my bed is art; it's certainly not functional.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
MC Escher repros (2) and lots of dog pictures/posters. We've got one painting I comissioned from a former AF member. We were very pleased with her work.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Crafts, not art. My wife makes quilts, so we have them hanging on the walls in various places around the house. I have a coffee table book of Escher prints. Brewer reminded me. I may make some frames and hang them. We'll see.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 24, 2023 at 8:53 am)Fireball Wrote: Crafts, not art. My wife makes quilts, so we have them hanging on the walls in various places around the house. I have a coffee table book of Escher prints. Brewer reminded me. I may make some frames and hang them. We'll see.

There’s no reason that crafts can’t qualify as art.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We have a few pieces of abstract art and a print of Van Gogh's Cafe' Terrace at Night. There are also quilts all over the place. There are four pieces of Mexican folk art. My favorites being the winged pigs. I also have two nautical paintings that a friend of my daughter gave to me (that she painted).

My house used to be mostly decorated with photos of the kids and grandkids but I have changed that for now.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Impossible" Art LinuxGal 12 1234 September 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is art deranged? MarcusA 29 2155 September 3, 2023 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  What is Art? MarcusA 15 1074 September 3, 2023 at 2:17 am
Last Post: MarcusA
  Art in decadence? Macoleco 53 5579 December 4, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Of neon and art deco...... Brian37 7 533 September 2, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  April fool. This is indeed a work of art. Succubus#2 1 352 April 1, 2020 at 6:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 503 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Censored Art Photos Foxaèr 5 576 April 27, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Your Thoughts On Art Alan V 86 6449 April 16, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Thoughts on these art exhibits. brewer 16 1226 February 14, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: ignoramus