Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi,

I thought it'd be rude not to post an introductory topic so here I am. I suppose I should say a few words about myself. Well, let's see.

I can only claim to have ever had an interest in one religion: Muhammad's religion. Christianity never interested me for some reason, and I can easily dismiss it simply by noting the global flood story. Not to mention, the market for Bible critique seems saturated. The Quran seems to slip under the radar way too often. It annoys me what these proselytization gangs (for lack of a better word) get away with simply because people are so ill-informed about Quran.

Currently I'm going through the Quran and working on filling a database with a list of all the Quran verses I have an issue with. Hopefully this will make it easier for people and mean they don't have dedicate so much time to the Quran in future. The Quran is short - shorter than the New Tesament - by the way.

If you want to know more about me I can be found on my YouTube channel of the same name where I might soon release a video explaining why, of all things, I love to digest Quran over other texts. I've had it for years but only begun to post things recently. (This is not my main channel since I like to keep my criticizing of religious claims distinctly separate from my other interests).

Thanks,

MrNoMorePropaganda
RE: Hi
Hey there welcome Smile

I think it would be quicker to pick out the parts of the Quran you don't have a problem with :p

Good to see it getting a bashing, I know far less about it than the bible. But enough to know what a vile evil relic it is. Give it a kick for me!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome MrNoMorePropaganda

You could stay true to your name and avoid doing propaganda to yourself, at least until you become a proper member of this forum. Meh, I'll overlook that for now.
Hi! Nice to have someone like you here!
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(February 20, 2015 at 5:06 pm)robvalue Wrote: Hey there welcome Smile

I think it would be quicker to pick out the parts of the Quran you don't have a problem with :p

Good to see it getting a bashing, I know far less about it than the bible. But enough to know what a vile evil relic it is. Give it a kick for me!

Well, every religion has (some) good things in it. I don't think anybody would deny that. What I want to do is categorize the verses. A database will be better than Skeptics Annotated Quran in my opinion because one can filter verses. Plus I provide links to a list of various translations of the verses. This is not the place to discuss such technicalities though. I'll be happy continue this conversation privately though.

(February 20, 2015 at 5:07 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome MrNoMorePropaganda

You could stay true to your name and avoid doing propaganda to yourself, at least until you become a proper member of this forum. Meh, I'll overlook that for now.

I was afraid something like this would happen eventually. I can't tell if this is serious or a joke though. If you're serious, I can only apologise and hope you accept.
Yeah, they have some good things. Sadly, they are the things that any well balanced atheist calls common sense. I did a topic about this a while back, asking for what exactly religion teaches that is "good" but not obvious, and came up with nothing.

But fair play, it's only right to talk about those verses as well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 20, 2015 at 5:13 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: I was afraid something like this would happen eventually. I can't tell if this is serious or a joke though. If you're serious, I can only apologise and hope you accept.

I'm on a light mood about it. I noticed you sneakly adverted for yourself before 30 days of membership and 30 posts, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Stick around, you might learn something. And apologies are not needed.
(February 20, 2015 at 5:25 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I'm on a light mood about it. I noticed you sneakly adverted for yourself before 30 days of membership and 30 posts, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Stick around, you might learn something. And apologies are not needed.

Thanks,

The forum seems cozy. A few months ago I joined a religion forum (not centered around any particular religion) and quickly decided it wasn't for me. I've been looking for a website like this for a while. I think websites such as this are important. I'd like to be active but there are lots of things going on in my life at the moment. So we'll see...
Welcome I hope you won't be spreading any propaganda. I'm allergic, you know.
Yey we're important!

Welcome then!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition