Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Queer Jihad"
"Queer Jihad"
What?

For the record I'm all for LGBT equality and rights. But this seems like a complete and (I thought) incompatible contradiction:

Queer Jihad

(The link isn't to anything NSFW, it's just a website supporting Gay Muslims)
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: "Queer Jihad"
I would advise extreme caution for any truly gay Muslims in approaching that group. Even if they are legit (and I have doubts) if they were hacked, the consequences could be extremely serious for their members.

If they are doing that "Death to Israel" pic I saw awhile back, they are weird ass motherfuckers.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If Muslims want to support LGBT that's good. I don't oppose a Muslim group that advocates marriage equality and gender inclusiveness. I do think that other Muslim groups will see this negatively. Still true Muslims. I sometimes feel a deep hatred towards Islam and I like to focus on good things about Muslims because I know I should not generalize.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I am very confused by this, particularly the use of the word "Jihad". While it's true that the word Jihad can be translated simply as "struggle" people often take it to mean "holy war". The word Jihad seems to me to be very toxic, especially given recent events. The infamous Verse of the Sword comes to mind.

Is this website perhaps a feeble attempt at reclaiming the word Jihad from the monsters that so often utter it? I don't think they should be using the word Jihad even though I have heard the argument that the word "Jihad" can have different connotations depending on its context. If the website is legitimate than I wish its creator(s) well - but I remain to be convinced. Perhaps I'll examine it in more detail later.

There is a reform movement gaining some ground but what these people do is deny (or find a way around) what the Quran says when it comes to teachings that are incomparable with modern values - such as those on stoning. However, it bothers me even more when people want to rationalise absurd teachings.

People have tried to defend this form of capital punishment (stoning). The arguments trying to rationalise stoning to death are mainly that the punishment acts as a deterrent. They also state homosexuals would never be stoned anyway in a perfect Sharia system because doing it in private is apparently fine since nobody can prove you did it anyway. It is said that a certain number of witnesses is required to verify the act before the punishment is prescribed.

If people want to accept homosexuals that's great. If they don't then I'll proceed to tell them the story of Alan Turning and how he is the father of computing and how he shortened World War Two by a few years by cracking the Enigma Code. Knowing that, would they want to make the same mistake the British did and condemn him? A hatred of homosexuals isn't rational in my opinion, given how it's not curable. "The Truth", as believers call it, *should* be rational, but it is not.

Adolf Hitler was a supporter of The Brotherhood and a friend of its founder, Hassan al-Banna, by the way, but that's a story for another time. Being somebody with an irrational hatred of homosexuals and Jews too, I'm sure many modern believes would find that they have a lot in common with Hitler. After all, the world is controlled by Zionists and we have eliminate all the Zionists, right?

(March 1, 2015 at 12:11 pm)Dystopia Wrote: If Muslims want to support LGBT that's good. I don't oppose a Muslim group that advocates marriage equality and gender inclusiveness. I do think that other Muslim groups will see this negatively. Still true Muslims. I sometimes feel a deep hatred towards Islam and I like to focus on good things about Muslims because I know I should not generalize.

I don't know...I think I'm opposed to support groups for gay Muslims. Not because they don't need and deserve support, but because it seems extremely dangerous. If we know about it then we are definitely not the only people. I sincerely hope the members of that website are being cautious about their privacy.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Um what and what again isn't that contradictory then again they are looking for people dumb enough to join their regime considering how much are currently are dying from drone strikes and even jet fighters.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1379 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Chattanooga: Muhammad’s companions all “fought Jihad for the sake of Allah” mralstoner 7 2171 July 18, 2015 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jihad v. Crusades mralstoner 18 4137 February 27, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Call to recognize jihad as crime against humanity mralstoner 40 7293 October 31, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  A way to stop Jihad: Jihawg Ammo Gooders1002 2 1531 June 24, 2013 at 8:17 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Muslims must reject jihad Gooders1002 8 4600 May 29, 2013 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Sudden Jihad Syndrome reverendjeremiah 22 7473 June 17, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Refuting misconceptions:2-jihad not terrorism mo3taz3nbar 41 16340 June 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist