Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims must reject jihad
Muslims must reject jihad

Could not agree more.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Muslims must reject jihad
Yep. He's right as usual.
Pat has made one major mistake with his interpretation of Jihad, though to be fair, a lot of Islamists make this flaw; there are four different types of Jihad.

Wikipedia. Wrote:Jihad of the heart (jihad bil qalb/nafs) is concerned with combatting the devil and in the attempt to escape his persuasion to evil. This type of Jihad was regarded as the greater jihad (al-jihad al-akbar).
Jihad by the tongue (jihad bil lisan) is concerned with speaking the truth and spreading the word of Islam with one's tongue.
Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad) refers to choosing to do what is right and to combat injustice and what is wrong with action.
Jihad by the sword (jihad bis saif) refers to qital fi sabilillah (armed fighting in the way of God, or holy war), the most common usage by Salafi Muslims and offshoots of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Generally, this is simplified into the greater Jihad (An inner, spiritual struggle against the unsavory parts of the soul) and the lesser Jihad (An outer, physical struggle against those who threaten). Problematically, Islamists, who are, for better or for worse, the most visible Muslims in the West, have pretty much perverted this.

Am I getting this right, Rayaan?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 28, 2013 at 8:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Pat has made one major mistake with his interpretation of Jihad, though to be fair, a lot of Islamists make this flaw; there are four different types of Jihad.

Wikipedia. Wrote:Jihad of the heart (jihad bil qalb/nafs) is concerned with combatting the devil and in the attempt to escape his persuasion to evil. This type of Jihad was regarded as the greater jihad (al-jihad al-akbar).
Jihad by the tongue (jihad bil lisan) is concerned with speaking the truth and spreading the word of Islam with one's tongue.
Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad) refers to choosing to do what is right and to combat injustice and what is wrong with action.
Jihad by the sword (jihad bis saif) refers to qital fi sabilillah (armed fighting in the way of God, or holy war), the most common usage by Salafi Muslims and offshoots of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Generally, this is simplified into the greater Jihad (An inner, spiritual struggle against the unsavory parts of the soul) and the lesser Jihad (An outer, physical struggle against those who threaten). Problematically, Islamists, who are, for better or for worse, the most visible Muslims in the West, have pretty much perverted this.

Am I getting this right, Rayaan?
You have it pretty much spot on I would say. First thing to note is how harmless the word "jihad" actually means in the Arabic language, and how it is used in the English. To give an example of how the word "jihad" is used in the Qur'an, there's a verse which talks about the parents doing "jihad" their own children: If they do jihad against you to force you to worship idols then do not obey them, but live with them in an honourable way". (The meaning obviously here is: If they try to do their utmost (AKA jihad) to force you to worship idols...)

The word "jihad" literally translates as struggling or striving to do something, so you can apply it to anything.

The jihad of fighting does exist, it's when a person fights to defend their religion. 22/39 Permission to fight is given to those who have been fought because they have been wronged...

Even CIA director John Brennan stated the reality of jihad in his senate confirmation hearing (or was it the Benghazi hearing?). Other notable former CIA officers such as Micheal Schueuer also discussed jihad as it is explained by the Qur'an in one of his books which I read. These people know what they're talking about because they have to.
They actually should embrace the Greater Jihad much more.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(May 28, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Polaris Wrote: They actually should embrace the Greater Jihad much more.

why?
Because the Greater Jihad is more focused on conquering evil from within. And, really, if they did that, they might not see much of a need to try to conquer "evil" from without.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 28, 2013 at 10:17 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Because the Greater Jihad is more focused on conquering evil from within. And, really, if they did that, they might not see much of a need to try to conquer "evil" from without.

Well, if killing in the name of religion would have been considered wrong in the first place, it wouldn't be mentioned in koran and Muhammad wouldn't have done it. Let's not forget, that muslims consider him to be "perfect" and, for them, everything he did was justifiable. He married a child, he raped slaves, etc. I consider these things to be evil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyqM4gFUgE

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2217 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1445 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4071 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5795 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11737 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7801 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1620 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1024 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 515 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17859 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold