Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Atheism = Liberalism?
Does Atheism = Liberalism?
I'v noticed that what the conservatives call LIBERAL NUTJOBS seems to be targeted at Atheist.

So I was wondering, in order to be an Atheist do you have to be:
Pro-Gay
Pro-Equality
Anti-White
Anti-Christian
Anti-Alpha Male
Pro-Metrosexual
Anti-Christian but Pro-Muslim Pro-Jew (cause it be anti-semetic/islamphobic)
Hate anything and everything that Conservatives, Repuglicans, Nationalist, Facists, or Libertarians (who want little government) want.

Pretty much - Atheism to me is being a hipster Liberal and following whatever the latest fad is. For example, you never see conservatives wearing skinny jeans and fedora hats listening to indie music, but you do see Atheists doing this (which is a liberal fad).

Just curious - because I want to make sure I get accepted into the Church of Atheism and am believing and wearing and have the right ideology.

Also , as an Atheist do I need to be tolerant to all other beliefs so long as it agrees with the Liberal movement?

thanks,
-newbie to the Atheist cult
RE: Does Atheism = Liberalism?
Already warned the mods.

Also go shove god up your ass
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 7, 2015 at 9:48 pm)theistx Wrote: I'v noticed that what the conservatives call LIBERAL NUTJOBS seems to be targeted at Atheist.

I shall answer these individally
Quote:Pro-Gay

No

Quote:Pro-Equality
No

Quote:Anti-White
No

Quote:Anti-Christian

No
Quote:Anti-Alpha Male
No
Quote:Pro-Metrosexual
No

Quote:Anti-Christian but Pro-Muslim Pro-Jew (cause it be anti-semetic/islamphobic)

No

Quote:Hate anything and everything that Conservatives, Repuglicans, Nationalist, Facists, or Libertarians (who want little government) want.

No

Quote:Pretty much - Atheism to me is being a hipster Liberal and following whatever the latest fad is. For example, you never see conservatives wearing skinny jeans and fedora hats listening to indie music, but you do see Atheists doing this (which is a liberal fad).

I am pretty sure there are theists who do all the above.
But as an atheist I assure you I do not wear skinny jeans or wear a fedora.
In fact the hat wearer here is a theist.
Check it out he has a large collection.

Quote:Just curious - because I want to make sure I get accepted into the Church of Atheism and am believing and wearing and have the right ideology.

In order to join you have to, now this is a closely guarded secret so don't bandy it about. In order to be an atheist you have to be not convinced that god exists.

Everthing else is optional.

Quote:Also , as an Atheist do I need to be tolerant to all other beliefs so long as it agrees with the Liberal movement?

Oh I see you just want an excuse to continue being an arsehole.

Carry on.

Quote:thanks,

So now not believing in something is a cult.
Then I suppose that makes the member of many cults. Unless of course you secretly believe in Zeus and every other god.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 7, 2015 at 9:48 pm)theistx Wrote: I'v noticed that what the conservatives call LIBERAL NUTJOBS seems to be targeted at Atheist.

Pro-Gay
Pro-Equality
Anti-White
Anti-Christian
Anti-Alpha Male
Pro-Metrosexual
Anti-Christian but Pro-Muslim Pro-Jew (cause it be anti-semetic/islamphobic)
Hate anything and everything that Conservatives, Repuglicans, Nationalist, Facists, or Libertarians (who want little government) want.

Pretty much - Atheism to me is being a hipster Liberal and following whatever the latest fad is. For example, you never see conservatives wearing skinny jeans and fedora hats listening to indie music, but you do see Atheists doing this (which is a liberal fad).

Just curious - because I want to make sure I get accepted into the Church of Atheism and am believing and wearing and have the right ideology.

Also , as an Atheist do I need to be tolerant to all other beliefs so long as it agrees with the Liberal movement?

thanks,

Only in the same way that being a theist means you're a white supremacist homophobe asshole.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberalism's Great Challenge? Minimalist 20 3360 September 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11625 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan