Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a pig-headed, coexist-fetishistic demagogue?
Are you a pig-headed, coexist-fetishistic demagogue?
[I decided this response to "Are you an Islamaphobe?" needed its own thread.]

You might be [a pig-headed, coexist-fetishistic demagogue] if you agree with one of the following:

1. You think "Islam" is a race.

2. You are fine with criticizing other religions but the minute Islam is criticized, you automatically shout down the critic as a "bigot".

3. You think religion is never, ever to blame for anything done in its name. We're not talking about a nuanced view where multiple factors are considered for a given sectarian atrocity. We're talking about complete absolution of religion. There are no examples in history where sectarian violence should ever be attributed to religion. It's always due to some other cause or simply due to the vague cause of "bad people". Anyone who says otherwise is a "bigot".

4. When people are either killed or have to hide due to death threats because of the crime of "blasphemy", you suggest that it's the fault of the "blasphemer" for not being more sensitive to religious feelings and for "abusing" the right of free speech.

5. You want to censor speech and jail critics of religion in the name of sensitivity to religion.

6. You think making fun of or criticizing Islam is the same thing as calling for the persecution of Muslims everywhere and draw an allusion to white supremacist anti-Semitic persecution of Jews.

7. You straw man any critic of religion as one who believes that religion is "always" to blame for everything and you continue using that straw man even after being corrected.

8. You think that cultures which kill gay people and treat women as chattel are equal to cultures that seek to protect the rights of both groups.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Are you a pig-headed, coexist-fetishistic demagogue?
Can't you just replace the title with "Are you politically correct to Islam?"
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

[Image: 1rCXvex.jpg]
Some things about the Muslim manifesto in the UK and Muslim "rights" - Curiously that website is run by ex-Muslims
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The "being more sensitive to our feelings" response is such a double standard. When have religious believers ever cared about the feelings of skeptics? When?! It's like bigots saying civil rights movements hurt their feelings. Boo hoo!
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Stop insulting my faith which claims you will burn forever just for not believing it, you worthless wretch in allahs's eyes!

I agree, I am sick of religion expecting special protection from speech in general, and especially how out of hand it has become with Islam.

If you get upset because someone is insulting an abstract idea, then you really need to stop using an idea as your identity.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum