Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, at least Shintoism isn't prudish
Well, at least Shintoism isn't prudish
A giant penis on parade to pray for fertility.

Quote: The first Sunday in April marks the celebration of the Shinto fertility festival, the Kanamara Matsuri or the “Festival of the Steel Phallus.” Known colloquially as the “Penis Festival”, these festivities celebrate just that: the power of the humble penis. And it is an event that is gaining increasing popularity, especially among foreign visitors, each year.

http://notesofnomads.com/kanamara-penis-festival-japan/

[Image: kanamara-matsuri_638432.jpg]
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Well, at least Shintoism isn't prudish
If you spit on it, I think I can take it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 15, 2015 at 7:02 pm)abaris Wrote: A giant penis on parade to pray for fertility.

Quote: The first Sunday in April marks the celebration of the Shinto fertility festival, the Kanamara Matsuri or the “Festival of the Steel Phallus.” Known colloquially as the “Penis Festival”, these festivities celebrate just that: the power of the humble penis. And it is an event that is gaining increasing popularity, especially among foreign visitors, each year.

http://notesofnomads.com/kanamara-penis-festival-japan/

[Image: kanamara-matsuri_638432.jpg]

That's already a very tame, politically correct version of the iron fallus festival parade. Traditionally the float with the penis is supposed to be carried by nearly naked teenage girls wearing only traditional japanese loin cloths. If you ever seen traditional japanese loin cloth from the front, you know they are not designed for even the least pretense of modesty.
I wish Shintoism was more popular than Christianity.

Some imagines NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJVGlZvAiQ
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Quote:Today, the festival has become something of a tourist attraction and is used to raise money for HIV research

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri

Its nice that they raise money for HIV research.
Y'know, for a giant festival cock, that thing is pretty short.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 15, 2015 at 7:51 pm)Chuck Wrote: Traditionally the float with the penis is supposed to be carried by nearly naked teenage girls wearing only traditional japanese loin cloths.
So does one just have to recite a prayer and they're in?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Haha, I never knew about this festive. I think its funny... Reminds me of this one time on my back windshield... Nevermind.. better not post that.. haha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buddha seems to be working pretty well in Thailand vorlon13 12 2554 July 12, 2018 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Aegon
Smile What Religion is the least argued on this forum? Heat 76 11032 October 2, 2016 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: c172
  Well, ain't this the shit? rexbeccarox 18 6717 February 8, 2014 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Sword of Christ