Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied Calculus Problems
Applied Calculus Problems
I just thought I'd start a thread for applied calculus problems. I understand that some people may want be more personal with specific calculus problems by creating their own threads but we could copy paste those problems (if they are applied or can be made applied) to this thread so there's just one link to an encyclopedia of calculus problems on the atheistforums. Come here post your problem, then reply to your own problem with the solution to keep the problem and possible solutions separate (in advanced calculus, there are many ways to solve a problem, some more efficient than others). I can't think of any textbook examples at the moment.

1. Demonstrate how much a bullet will fall in a time as a guide for the height the weapon should be aimed in order to hit a target. Trying to solve this problem will lead you to deducing free fall formulas. Most people just learn the formula in the text book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another (mostly) calculus question FlatAssembler 10 1698 May 7, 2019 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Not sure I understand basic calculus... FlatAssembler 7 1044 February 16, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Great math interaction site for "beginners" (algebra, geometry, even calculus) GrandizerII 3 1470 October 20, 2016 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Fundemental theorem of Calculus intuition A Handmaid 19 2988 August 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Million Dollar Prize for Math proof of NP problems emilynghiem 6 3009 February 22, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Man refuses a check for a million for solving one of the hardest math problems. leo-rcc 12 5736 March 29, 2010 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: tavarish