Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't access on browser
Can't access on browser
But I can on my phone. Any idea why?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Can't access on browser
That has been a common issue. I believ you need to clear your browser cache and cookies? Chas made a similar thread.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Did that, still cannot access.
~ Erin Hunter
I had the same problem, then all of a sudden this morning it was back up. CD said that Comcast, my internet company may have been holding onto the old.. I'm no techhy.. so i will leave this to someone else who knows what they are talking about. Undecided
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
My "religious views" where I say "ABBA fan" shows up on my UCP settings but not in my posts. "My posts" and "kudos" options normally at the top of the page do not show up. And the sigs are extremely small on my end.
(March 29, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: I had the same problem, then all of a sudden this morning it was back up. CD said that Comcast, my internet company may have been holding onto the old.. I'm no techhy.. so i will leave this to someone else who knows what they are talking about. Undecided

I had to flush my dns cache to get things working again.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display...+DNS+Cache
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 29, 2015 at 8:06 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 29, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: I had the same problem, then all of a sudden this morning it was back up. CD said that Comcast, my internet company may have been holding onto the old.. I'm no techhy.. so i will leave this to someone else who knows what they are talking about. Undecided

I had to flush my dns cache to get things working again.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display...+DNS+Cache

I'll try that when I get home after work.
~ Erin Hunter
Has the IP changed?  If so, shut the old one down, for fuck's sake, so the new IP propagates.

Some server is still resolving the name to the old IP and getting a response.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Yeah. Chrome for Mobile will not be able to resolve the new host until the old one is shut down, apparently.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't access website John 6IX Breezy 7 1203 April 16, 2022 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Browser links ignoramus 2 1056 December 23, 2017 at 3:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why can't I access 'area 69'? TruthWorthy 0 1042 April 19, 2015 at 6:57 am
Last Post: TruthWorthy
  Wierd browser interaction? Chas 9 2075 March 30, 2015 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What happened to the My Awards Link on my forum browser? Handprint 25 11446 May 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Handprint
  Anymouse cannot access his account BethK 5 2483 December 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: dtango