Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't access website
Can't access website
I haven't been able to access the website when using the default http://www.atheistforums.org url for a few weeks. It just hits a blank page or an error page.

Today I googled the website and clicked on one of random tabs that get displayed when you search and I was able to get in that way.

I didn't find any mention of it in the forum. Don't know if it's just me but it's still not working.
RE: Can't access website
We've been having trouble with the forum recently. It was down completely for about 5 days.

I'm not fully up to speed on the cause, but the problem you describe has been mentioned by a couple pf people.

As soon as we know the cause, and have a fix in place, we'll let you know.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 16, 2022 at 10:41 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: I haven't been able to access the website when using the default http://www.atheistforums.org url for a few weeks. It just hits a blank page or an error page.

Today I googled the website and clicked on one of random tabs that get displayed when you search and I was able to get in that way.

I didn't find any mention of it in the forum. Don't know if it's just me but it's still not working.

Some people have reported that with Firefox but not Chrome. I haven't had any issues. The usual advice is to clear your cache.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 16, 2022 at 10:53 am)Angrboda Wrote: Some people have reported that with Firefox but not Chrome. I haven't had any issues. The usual advice is to clear your cache.

That's interesting. I was having the issue on both my mobile and desktop devices, using both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I cleared the cache just now and indeed the problem went away.
(April 16, 2022 at 10:53 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(April 16, 2022 at 10:41 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: I haven't been able to access the website when using the default http://www.atheistforums.org url for a few weeks. It just hits a blank page or an error page.

Some people have reported that with Firefox but not Chrome.  I haven't had any issues.  The usual advice is to clear your cache.

Short on cache? Go to PadayPreditoryLoan.scam. See what I did there?
A good site:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Atheist Forums, per this web site, was down hard for over several days.
I had a problem with Firefox, cleared cache and did a restart (new version updated), no problems since.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So, it seems if you clear your cache, that should solve the problem.

Glad I could help.

😇😇
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is this website for? ILeftThisSite 20 2794 November 24, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Website showing as offline? Spooky 2 960 May 29, 2015 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Why can't I access 'area 69'? TruthWorthy 0 1035 April 19, 2015 at 6:57 am
Last Post: TruthWorthy
  Can't access on browser Foxaèr 8 1840 March 30, 2015 at 9:59 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Help me figure this website out.. LoveLogicalLife 6 2058 June 19, 2014 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Anymouse cannot access his account BethK 5 2458 December 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: dtango
  Website Link Icon Eilonnwy 10 5273 December 20, 2008 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet