Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh My...Whatever Will The Fuckwits Do Now?
Oh My...Whatever Will The Fuckwits Do Now?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/near-...onnection/

Quote:Near-death experiences may be explained by heart-brain connection

Quote:To better understand the neurobiology of death, the researchers induced asphyxiation in nine rats. Meanwhile, they monitored and examined the heart and brain simultaneously using an electrocardiomatrix, a technology developed in the Borjigin laboratory. These techniques uncovered mysteries.

Remarkably, the brain is much more active during the dying process than in the waking state, the researcers say. In the 30-second period after the animal's hearts stopped beating, the researchers observed an immediate release of more than a dozen neurochemicals while high-frequency brainwaves called gamma oscillations increased. This activity seemed to trigger a connection between the brain and the heart. Following a steep fall in the heart rate, the researchers watched (via the electrocardiomatrix) as brain signals synchronized with the heart rhythm, beat for beat.
Borjigin believes a similar, elevated level of brain activity may also happen during the human experience of "near death" and it is this that gives rise to a heightened state of consciousness, including the visions experienced by survivors of cardiac arrest.

Those damned scientists keep fucking with their bullshit stories.  How is a christard supposed to cope?
RE: Oh My...Whatever Will The Fuckwits Do Now?
They will obviously ignore this like they always do.
Tough when I start pounding them over the head with it when they start with the NDE bullshit of seeing fucking jesus.
We'll see how conclusive this turns out to be, but let's not kid ourselves. No amount of evidence is going to convince the true believers. As we've witnessed here, they've turned mental gymnastics into an art-form.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Which is why the trick is to make them as uncomfortable as possible when trying to deny reality.
I don't think they'll give two shits rubbed together.

The common fuckwit reaction to scientific findings that directly challenge their own personal fuckwittery is to compare the situation to stage magic.  It runs something like, 'Ok, this particular magician had the rabbit concealed in a secret compartment in his hat, but that in no way disconfirms the possibility that rabbits can spontaneously appear in hats.'

As far as NDEs go, they'll likely make the claim that the heart/brain explanation merely mimics the REAL experience of kinda-sorta dying and seeing God.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think that these kinds of discoveries won't impact the current hardcore nutcases. But once the information seeps out, it will work it's "magic" (I'm hilarious) on the new generations making religious twoddle harder and harder to poke into their brains.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Pretty cool. Sounds like I might have an onboard defibrillator.
(April 11, 2015 at 2:14 am)Faith No More Wrote: We'll see how conclusive this turns out to be, but let's not kid ourselves.  No amount of evidence is going to convince the true believers.  As we've witnessed here, they've turned mental gymnastics into an art-form.

If you can call feces thrown at a canvas made of toilet paper a form of art, sure.