Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSP Anyone?
KSP Anyone?
So.......who plays....who has KSP Dark Multi, or would play a coop saved map game?  Here's a screenie from one of my current saves.  

She flies like a charm, begins to auto initiate a gravity roll based upon weight distrubution at @15k as the main tank feeds out - rolling at 55km and circularizing after the tank has been released for reentry - with the aid of the angle on the main thrust.  Clean insertion, all debris falls back to Kerbin.  LKO loaded /w a payload up to half a ton currently ( a better pilot could probably do more), HKO with tiny probes or a sci package in the bay,  Orbital and reinsertion is handled by a generous amount of Mono RCS.  
As you can see...big crew compliment.....but it's just me......and it's lonely in space.  I'd be down for any project anyone else has going, of course.  I plan to use this to build a cruiser in orbit - piece by piece, so to speak..for manned missions out to Jool and back.  Also going to be used to ferry crew to my Minmus Direct Set. Takes alot of time - single handed.  Also love to grab any stock craft files anyone else is particularly proud of.
Anyone try the interstellar mods, or any of the resource based mods?  I know we got a few nerds up in this piece who couldn't help themselves.....sound off!

-for those that don't know....you research, design...and then build spacecraft to achieve scientific goals...finish commercial contracts..set records..etc. You also get to fly your garbageheaps.
https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: KSP Anyone?
Took her for a joyride since I posted......here ya go.

-seconds after liftoff..such unamused faces on my kerbs....I don't know what they're worried about.....not exactly pushing g's yet.  Jeb(RIP) was never such a pussy.

solid booster sep

-deploying the payload (Mun in the background, this sat is headed out that way as a relay for my unmanned landers should I want to hit the darkside)

-and now we burn for reinsertion as we head into the sunrise upside down...and backwards

...and finally we flip her over for aerobraking

No pics of the landing.....no time for an EVA in that series...was trying to get pics up with a quickness.  Heard the unmistakable sound of lithobraking under the AF tab as I was posting..lol.  All screenies taken at the lowest possible video settings.  Hope you all enjoyed the trip.  
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
sure i need to get the mod though. I made a mock warp drive i launched myself super fast and i went past the furthest planet and i couldn't go back.
My beer ship pretty much uses explosions to launch itself into space.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I only end up playing once every few weeks, sadly, because when I do I sit there, and then look up, and then realize it's 2:30 am on a worknight. But yes it's glorious. Glorious like that craft of yours.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Umwut?

How did I miss this? When I have some time I shall experiment.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Shouldn't be long before 1.0 comes out, then native multiplayer is on the dev schedule.  We could have a damn fine program with 3 or 4 pilots.  Espercially when it comes to eva construction and docking.  
Warp Drive...eh?  I'd love the craft file..I need a warp drive....I launched her this morning for a shakedown around the moon /w just a single lander attached.  If all is well, I'll bring her back, refuel - send up another lander and a couple of Rangers.

The Ranger, and an IVA view (all of those panels and buttons are functional - IVA Dev mod integration).  I'm running Raster Prop, KAS, Distant Planets...and alot of visual upgrades I generally diable for play but bring up for screens.  I suppose I outta start linking better qual screenies to these boards.

-Now all of that is pretty, and it's fun to play with..but this little guy here is the unsung hero of my program. If I've made a dollar or a sci point..he's had a hand in it. You just sit him on top of a lifter and stage that can get you from a to b and bobs your uncle..tech tree unlocked in no time.

-I know..simple....simple......but simple works. I still use a Saturn clone for all of my lifting needs. Some designs just work, no changes required..lol (even put the endurance up /w one.....despite it being able to reach orbit as a single stage-just too costly on the fuel).
Dyre..my man! Should be able to get a coop going even if we go unmodded. Could use my gdrive to host a shared gamesave. Just need to determine what we want the project to be, break it up into stages, decided which of us does what..that sort of thing. You wouldn't happen to have TS (or any other voip client) would you?
(obvs non of that Interstellar stuff about is unmodded - just wanted to get a good mod up there next to my stock shuttle. Trying to trick people into buying the game and all that. Those landers have a little box robot copilot named Scott - humor set to 65%, of course...lol)
There is one warp drive mod it gives you the parts to make on and its great. Its not one were you can just up and use it you have to use solar panels to charge it up first for it to work.

Here is a video of it. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Wow, that looks awesome! How have I never heard of this game?
Its been around for awhile since 20012 i believe even before then i think i remember testing out the tech demo and i was like i cannot wait for this game to come out.

Code:
I need to sit down one day with 5 hours to spare and play the game. Every time I try to get into it I find myself getting distracted by something else. It's not that the game isn't enjoyable, it's that the tutorials are very confusing and the game has a steep learning curve at first. I feel like it's missing a proper storyline which helps the user learn the game mechanics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KSP multiplayer anyone? dyresand 2 809 November 29, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand