Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy Here!
New Guy Here!
Hello community!
My name is Zack, I'm 26 years old.  I am a United States Marine Corps veteran of the Iraq war.  A former police officer in the state of Cali and I currently work as a Private Investigator.  I have a wife and 1 year old daughter.  I am an outspoken Atheist who is currently trying to become more involved in the Atheist community.  I've started a blog to allow myself to vent, rant, and spread the good Truth about science.  If your interested in reading it you can visit <snip>
Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to many stimulating discussions and debates.  My idols include Dr. Sam Harris and Dr. Richard Dawkins.  Penn Jillette is also another person I have just recently discovered to be a positive influence in my life.  
Who would you consider is a positive stimulus in your life and making a difference in the world today?!
RE: New Guy Here!
Welcome, I'm sure you'll find a lot to talk about here.

I'm also a fan of Penn & Teller (I think that's what you meant anyway~).
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(April 20, 2015 at 10:10 am)GuardianAtheist Wrote: Hello community!
My name is Zack, I'm 26 years old.  I am a United States Marine Corps veteran of the Iraq war.  A former police officer in the state of Cali and I currently work as a Private Investigator.  I have a wife and 1 year old daughter.  I am an outspoken Atheist who is currently trying to become more involved in the Atheist community.  I've started a blog to allow myself to vent, rant, and spread the good Truth about science.  If your interested in reading it you can visit <snip>. 
Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to many stimulating discussions and debates.  My idols include Dr. Sam Harris and Dr. Richard Dawkins.  Penn Teller is also another person I have just recently discovered to be a positive influence in my life.  
Who would you consider is a positive stimulus in your life and making a difference in the world today?!
Hi Zack,
You've come to the right place for stimulating discussions and debate. I joined last week and have had plenty. Am familiar with Drs. Harris and Dawkins and will now check out this Teller. Thanks.
BTW, before you read my intro, Who Am I, you should be sitting down. Make sure your bladder is empty and there are no sharp objects within your immediate vicinity.  You may want to hurt somebody.
Welcome
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(April 20, 2015 at 10:21 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Welcome, I'm sure you'll find a lot to talk about here.

Sorry I meant Penn Jillette. ^^^^^
Hi, welcome to this here forum!

How did you survive deployment in Iraq without using the foxholes, though? Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You know what they say. . . As an Atheist, I couldn't quite jump in that foxhole without fearing my lack of belief would be in jeopardy. LOL
Hi Zack! Can you be my guardian atheist? My guardian angel gave up trying.
Welcome...Devil Dog
(April 20, 2015 at 10:33 am)GuardianAtheist Wrote:
(April 20, 2015 at 10:21 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Welcome, I'm sure you'll find a lot to talk about here.

Sorry I meant Penn Jillette. ^^^^^

I was wondering why that name kept coming up when ever I searched for Penn Teller. Thanks for the heads up. How to play in traffic.Gee
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Yo, Zack.  Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 490 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 574 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 976 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1261 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack