Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible's historicity
Bible's historicity
Hello all, I am looking for any good reads on why the bible is such an inaccurate and untrue resource for historical events. I am pretty interested in the link between Yahweh and El. I would like to know exactly how that link is made and how sure researchers are that it is valid. Also, I would like to learn more about the Israelites origins and history. Thanks
RE: Bible's historicity
Nb4 Min

The Bible Unearthed.

Min recommended it to me last year and I couldn't agree more. This has the Isrealite origin covered.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
And I realize this isn't helpful to the OP, but it's entirely up to the christers to prove their bullshit, and so far, they haven't.

The Mormons, have taken it a step further, btw, in doing all the heavy work in disproving their faith, too bad they won't stop spinning more webs of deceit for a minute and realize they have screwed the pooch.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Why is the bible an inaccurate/untrue resource for historical events?
-because dragons.........

You need more?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bill Dever's Did God Have A Wife is pretty good, too.  The Judahites of the first half of the first millennium BCE were no more monothestic than anyone else in the region.

For now, try this:

http://www.yorku.ca/dcarveth/false_testament

Quote:Thus there was no migration from Mesopotamia , no sojourn in Egypt , and no exodus. There was no conquest upon the Israelites' return and, for that matter, no peaceful infiltration such as the one advanced by Yohanan Aharoni. Rather than conquerors, the Hebrews were a native people who had never left in the first place. So why invent for themselves an identity as exiles and invaders? One reason may have been that people in the ancient world did not establish rights to a particular piece of territory by farming or by raising families on it but by seizing it through force of arms. Indigenous rights are an ideological invention of the twentieth century A.D. and are still not fully established in the twenty-first, as the plight of today's Palestinians would indicate. The only way that the Israelites could establish a moral right to the land they inhabited was by claiming to have conquered it sometime in the distant past. Given the brutal power politics of the day, a nation either enslaved others or was enslaved itself, and the Israelites were determined not to fall into the latter category.