Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tapatalk Issues
Tapatalk Issues
I am having issues connecting with Tapatalk. Any time I try to connect, the app spits out an error "Handshake failed" and suggests that I contact forum admins.

I have tried logging out and back in.
I have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled.
I have unsubscribed/resubscribed to the forum.

Before I unsubscribed to the forum, I was still getting push notifications. I could still see the notifications' content (So and So quoted your post in the Thread...) but I could not retrieve the post.

Anyone else able to use Tapatalk?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Tapatalk Issues
I still haven't figured out how to use it specially because it doesn't open. I use the mobile version anyway.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

When Steel's issue is resolved, we should talk about what tapatalk is, exactly. I think it's basically a standardized format for all forums(?), but what are the benefits? Is it better than the mobile version?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(May 14, 2015 at 9:32 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I am having issues connecting with Tapatalk. Any time I try to connect, the app spits out an error "Handshake failed" and suggests that I contact forum admins.

I have tried logging out and back in.
I have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled.
I have unsubscribed/resubscribed to the forum.

Before I unsubscribed to the forum, I was still getting push notifications. I could still see the notifications' content (So and So quoted your post in the Thread...) but I could not retrieve the post.

Anyone else able to use Tapatalk?

I use Tapatalk and everything is still working for me. What phone OS are you using? Can you provide any screenshots of the issue?

The error message sounds like it's an SSL handshake failure, which doesn't make much sense since we've got a valid cert via our CA, but also a separate valid cert via CloudFlare.
We can do both. Big Grin

It's really just a mobile app that allows you to use one application to browse all your forums. The benefit is that it is easy to navigate (the mobile version still has tiny links to press), and the biggest thing for me is push notifications. Any time someone quotes me, replies in my subscribed threads, sends me a PM, or uses my username, I'll get a push notification. And I can turn any of those off if I wanted to. The sorting options are cool too. You can sort by unread posts, by timeline, by participated threads, you can just look at your subscribed threads, and also there is a trending thread sort as well.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 14, 2015 at 10:08 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I use Tapatalk and everything is still working for me. What phone OS are you using? Can you provide any screenshots of the issue?

The error message sounds like it's an SSL handshake failure, which doesn't make much sense since we've got a valid cert via our CA, but also a separate valid cert via CloudFlare.

I am using Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on a LG G2. The problem seems to have shown up on 4/26 for me. This was well after Verizon pushed the OTA update to my phone.

Since I reinstalled the app, it's now just telling me this:
[Image: 17471145478_1f1441d99f_z.jpg]

I have no problems logging into TTA on the app. It will not even take me to the sign in screen for AF.

Could it be because I am on the same network as my laptop, logged in at the same time? That never caused any problems before...

I'm not entirely sure why you can't connect. I doubt it's because you're on the same network as your laptop and logged in at the same time, but try connecting over 3G/4G and seeing if that works?

I just logged into the Tapatalk website and we've got a green status icon, so it doesn't look like Tapatalk have detected any problems connecting to the site. Our SSL settings have remained the same since we installed them, so I'm really not sure why they would suddenly stop working unless something changed in that update.
I don't think I've ever "not" used tapatalk.
Try a different version.
Latest isn't always best.

Also depends on server side versions.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
It's weird. I have tried uninstalling again.

Looking on the Tapatalk plugin forums, it seems this is a widespread problem for certain Android Lollipop users with the newest Tapatalk version.

The support team recommends every single time that there is a newer version of the plugin that needs to be installed and/or the API key is missing.

It looks like the latest MyBB plugin is 4.4.2, but that came out on Feb 3rd. I am at my wits end. I want my push notifications back! I'll try reverting to a previous version later tonight.

Latest version available is 4.4.1 according to https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=mybb and that's the one we have installed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPad issues: giving reps, blocked users robvalue 21 8887 September 23, 2016 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  new mobile theme issues Longhorn 14 4956 October 23, 2015 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Qwest
  [Fixed Pending Confirmation] Missing Feature: Tapatalk Tiberius 5 1380 April 1, 2015 at 4:09 am
Last Post: StuW