Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To the Late George Carlin
To the Late George Carlin
I dedicate my 700th post to the late and great George Carlin who I only found out about a few months back this year, I already find him hilarious and very intelligent. Pity he died a few months earlier on June 22 2008 at the age of 71.
Here's a clip from his stand up special 'Life Is Worth Losing', I think its a brilliant clip:
[youtube]jCljFYn3zTY[/youtube]
Poetic, brilliantly put together AND funnyBig Grin
RE: To the Late George Carlin
I agree,he will be sorely missed.I have been a Carlin fan since the 80's and was saddened at the news of his passing.If you get a chance Faith listen to as much as you can on youtube.He was a very outspoken atheist comedian with a sharp tongue and the best at his craft.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

There's a lot of stuff I like about Carlin's work like the simplification of the 10 commandments, and of course his praying to Joe Pesci bit. But specially in his later work he tended to become more bitter, and sounded more and more like just another cranky guy which I thought was unnecessary.

Still, he has left us a lot of great material, and showed that religion is something you can make fun of and live to a ripe old age in this era. 100 years ago he would have been killed.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yeah George Carlin's later stuff is very good indeed*. I have only known about him earlier this year. A few months AFTER he died. Before that I only knew him from 'Bill and Ted' would you believe! I've seen dogma too now and he's featured in that.
That's true about the youtube thing. I have seen 7 of his stand ups now. ALL from youtube. I went backwards from latest to more recent actually. I will buy all his stand ups in due time. And his book brain droppings. I have seen dogma on TV but I want to buy it also because I love it.
EDIT: Oh I read it as you saying his later stuff was his best. But you actually said the opposite. Oops.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh, George. Where Are You When We Really Need You. Minimalist 0 345 June 17, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Colbert Already Shaklng Up Late Night Minimalist 4 975 October 2, 2015 at 5:33 pm
  Was George Carlin Influenced By Bill Hicks? Edwardo Piet 13 24894 November 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm
  Richard Dawkins VS Archbishop George Pell Oldandeasilyconfused 23 10504 April 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  George Carlin - Have a Nice Day Edwardo Piet 1 2093 February 19, 2011 at 11:12 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  George Takei Calls Out Anti-Gay Arkansas School Board Member Tiberius 27 7164 November 7, 2010 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Watson
  George Washington (weirdness) Entropist 7 2222 September 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Watson
  Father George Coyne Interview (1/7) - Richard Dawkins fr0d0 1 3806 April 2, 2010 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Is it too late to Apologize justwhoarebongorock 2 1594 March 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: christian585
  George Carlin on God & Religion Retorth 10 3513 September 6, 2009 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Amphora