Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'day!
G'day!
I'm a 24-year-old male and lifelong agnostic/atheist from Finland. I was baptized to Lutheranism like almost any newborn in this country, but my upbringing was not religious at all, more like agnostic. My family never went to church and I have never heard my parents talk about god or any of that shit. I was probably an agnostic until my mid-teens when read a lot of atheistic stuff on the internet and unsurprisingly Dawkins' The God Delusion, which I actually thought was alright although not great (I still love the man), but it opened doors for me to discover basically the whole atheistic movement. I have been a hardcore atheist since then.

Politically I have always been kind of leftist liberal, meaning that I'm pro-welfare, pro-universal health care, pro-gay rights etc. I'm opposing some liberal ideas though, such as multiculturalism.

I just visited this forum for the first time a moment ago and decided to give it a shot since it looks like there are plenty people to discuss with. I'm hoping conversations will be civil and clean and that I'm welcomed here.
RE: G'day!
Hi Hi

G'day to you too
Welcome. Hi
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome!

I don't recall any other Finns here. I'll be interested in what you have to say about your country.

Like a significant number of the people here, I am in the USA. I wish we had universal health care, etc.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Welcome. Interesting intro. Kind of curious about your opposition to multiculturalism, but I'm sure that's a more complicated issue than I'm aware of. Nice to see a Nordic on here.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hQxU3a3PY

Quote:I just visited this forum for the first time a moment ago and decided to give it a shot since it looks like there are plenty people to discuss with. I'm hoping conversations will be civil and clean and that I'm welcomed here.

Depends on your definition of clean. What is your stance on sexual double entendre, sometimes single entendre?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome to the forum!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Welcome matey....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
'Sup d00d.

Civil? Almost always.
Clean? Ehhhh usually Big Grin

You welcome here? Mos' definitely.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.