Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borowitz - Waco
Borowitz - Waco
He has a point.  The two groups actually look a lot alike.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...Mjc1NTIwS0

Quote:Biker-Brawl Suspects Only Slightly Outnumber Republican Candidates

A lot of old, dumb white fucks.

[Image: Borowitz-Biker-Brawl-Suspects-690.jpg]
RE: Borowitz - Waco
I suddenly got the urge to shave my beard.
That one guy in the top row looks like fucking jesus.
(May 20, 2015 at 3:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That one guy in the top row looks like fucking jesus.

Nah. This is the MFer that looks like Jesus.

[Image: 150519092510-32-texas-biker-mugshots-super-169.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Waco should really be renamed to Wacko.

Attracting loony toons since the 70ies.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm)abaris Wrote: Waco should really be renamed to Wacko.

I pronounce it that way.  And that is how it should be pronounced, because of all the wackos there.  On the other hand, when I say "Wacko Texas," people might be thinking I mean the whole state, which is understandable.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
The OP has me wondering, though, who is more idiotic, the members of these biker gangs or the Republican candidates?

That's a toss-up.

The republicunts are more dangerous, though.
(May 20, 2015 at 3:43 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(May 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm)abaris Wrote: Waco should really be renamed to Wacko.

I pronounce it that way.  And that is how it should be pronounced, because of all the wackos there.  On the other hand, when I say "Wacko Texas," people might be thinking I mean the whole state, which is understandable.

It's way-koh.

The complicated thing about Texas is that our criminals are conservatives, our politicians are conservatives, our stupid people are conservatives, and our smart people are conservatives. This idiocy is fucking everywhere!!! * I don't have any problem with people being conservative but I hate how that's seen as the only acceptable belief. And I hate how people will glare at you if you wear clothes that aren't acceptable for church on Sunday afternoon. I do it every week, to piss them off.

*Not absolutely everywhere, though. A repellent does exist. My girlfriend and I have discovered that holding hands can empty a room of up to 10 people in under five minutes. Kissing seems to be an even more effective repellent, but more detailed trials are needed before we can safely announce the results.
(May 25, 2015 at 6:14 am)graciesings Wrote:
(May 20, 2015 at 3:43 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I pronounce it that way.  And that is how it should be pronounced, because of all the wackos there.  On the other hand, when I say "Wacko Texas," people might be thinking I mean the whole state, which is understandable.

It's way-koh.

I am aware of what the supposedly correct pronunciation is, of how it is pronounced on news programs and so forth.  My comment is a derogatory one about Waco.  I cannot recall that town ever being mentioned without it being in connection with something wacko going on.

As an aside, you presently have designated interesting "Religious views."

And your method of making Texans feel uncomfortable is amusing.  I think it is a good thing, as long as you are careful and stay safe.  It is good for them to be taken out of their comfort zone in such a way.  The idea that two women holding hands would clear a room really does lend credence to the claim that Texas is like a whole other country.  Where I am, most people would hardly notice or care.  (Fortunately, I live outside the Bible Belt in the U.S.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waco biker shootout is officially over popeyespappy 8 945 April 3, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Borowitz - Too Damned True Minimalist 4 740 January 18, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Borowitz - Better and Better Minimalist 0 393 December 13, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Borowitz, Sadly Again Way Too Close To The Truth Minimalist 5 1248 April 6, 2015 at 4:47 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb