Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Libertarianism?
What is Libertarianism?
John Stossel, a Libertarian working for Fox News recently did an hour special discussing Libertarians. What I liked most about this special is that he asked the challenging questions that people usually ask, even though he agrees with the panel completely.

http://belowthebeltway.com/2010/04/11/jo...bertarian/

John Stossel is a great journalist. He did the 20/20 special on intolerance towards atheists a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTRDRP2n4Sk
RE: What is Libertarianism?
I'm glad Fox actually has someone who knows their stuff. Too bad he's not on the 'front page' of Fox. I'd like to see more people like him in the front. Dumbshits like Hannity (and O'Reilly, and Palin, and Beck, ah you get the point.....) need to go home. Think how awesome Fox would be with a bunch of Libertarians leading it, and not to mention it would be a fresh look at possibilities in a troubled country. What I mean by that is a lot of people don't know anything about Libertarianism, and there would definitely be more of us if the word got out there. Followed by that would be more support for Libertarianism. Then again, a lot of people I meet would be opposed to Libertarianism for its acceptance of things like drugs and abortion. Still however, I feel the general population needs to understand its principles. Too bad religion hogs the billboards where I live....
RE: What is Libertarianism?
Fox doing something right? I must be in an alternate dimension.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anarcho-capitalist libertarianism Disinter 125 33020 December 6, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Libertarianism as Method of Analysis Jenny A 3 868 June 11, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Things about libertarianism I don't understand Tea Earl Grey Hot 3 1957 March 13, 2013 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Property rights = freedom? Libertarianism? goddamnit 4 2525 July 13, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have I misunderstood Libertarianism? Oldandeasilyconfused 16 6368 April 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb