Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answering Atheism I
Answering Atheism I
Matter may change from one form to another form, but matter doesn't come from nothing. Atheists say that there was a kind of original matter at the beginning of the universe. I will ask atheists some questions:

1- Can you create matter from nothing? Go to the laboratory and prove it. All you can do is to change matter from one form to another.

2- What is the origin of this original matter?
You -atheists- will say that this original matter just existed and you will say your common comment: " Why do you believe that the God just existed and you don't believe that this original matter just existed?"
My answer is simple and clear:
Matter can't come from nothing. So this original matter can't come from nothing because this is against all the rules of matter. But the God is supernatural. So, we can't apply the rules of matter to the God. So, if we say that the original matter just existed, it is against the rules of matter because matter can't come from nothing. But if we say that the God just exists, we are not in clash with the rules of matter because the God is metaphysical.
RE: Answering Atheism I
How does any of that demonstrate the existance of your God?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Sigh. All it means is we do not know 100% (or even 1%?) of how the universe came to be or even all the laws of the universe, where matter and energy came from, etc.

What we do trust in is evidence and waiting for the results to come in even if this will not happen in our lifetimes. Yes, we will probably die without knowing the full truth of the universe. Its a pity, but I don't feel the need to believe in a supernatural entity to help me face this lack of knowledge.

And like Dotard says, lack of knowledge about X does not prove Y.
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
(April 12, 2010 at 8:10 am)Wael El-Manzalawy Wrote: Matter may change from one form to another form, but matter doesn't come from nothing. Atheists say that there was a kind of original matter at the beginning of the universe. I will ask atheists some questions:

True, matter can change from one form to another. A solar furnace, i.e. a star does a very good job at converting simple hydrogen into helium and then, in the latter stage of its life all the way through to iron. After that, the supernova explosion that marks the end of it's life creates all the other particles in the periodic table, apart from the few extra that scientists have made.

Where does matter come from? Easy. if you'd paid any attention in your physics classes rather than having your young head beaten into submission by memorising the Qu'ran you'd have learnt all about Einstein and his famous equation, E=Mc2 which demonstrates that matter and energy are basically the same thing. Therefore we can say that all matter came from the energy unleashed by the big bang.

Now I know what you are thinking.. Where did the energy come from? Well, if at the point of the big bang all of space and time came into existence then it's obvious that the question simply makes no sense as you can't have an event before time for anything to have originated from. You may not like it and it may not fit in with our intuitive understanding of reality but there it is. As Carl Sagan said, "The Universe does not have to conform to our expectations of it!"

If you're a fan of string theory, which I am Great then we can postulate that the big bang, and probably many others in the membrane in which this Universe lives was caused by two colliding branes in hyperspace and at the points of collision you would expect to see a massive release of energy and the creation of a whole new Universe, which is of course exactly what we see.

In this case we can say where the energy came from and who's to say that the multiverse hasn't always existed in some form or another, especially if time is not the linear constant that we think it is, which of course, it isn't.

Quote:1- Can you create matter from nothing? Go to the laboratory and prove it. All you can do is to change matter from one form to another.

Yes! Matter is popping into existence all the time and then annihilating itself. This is the whole basis for Hawkins radiation that predicts the evaporation of black holes. Look it up..

Quote:2- What is the origin of this original matter?
You -atheists- will say that this original matter just existed and you will say your common comment: " Why do you believe that the God just existed and you don't believe that this original matter just existed?"

NO... We don't say that matter (or energy) has always existed. You've been talking to the wrong atheists, or, as I suspect, simply listening to other fundies who share your own personal views.

The truth is that we don't actually know what happened before the big bang or even if such a thing even existed, but then, neither do you. Personally, I would put my 'faith' into the relentless and tireless work of the many scientists and other geniuses throughout history who have pushed our knowledge to extraordinary heights and whos only motivation was and is a burning passion for discovering the truth about our Universe rather than an archaic dusty book from the 7th century full of superstition and mythology.

Quote:My answer is simple and clear:
Matter can't come from nothing. So this original matter can't come from nothing because this is against all the rules of matter. But the God is supernatural. So, we can't apply the rules of matter to the God. So, if we say that the original matter just existed, it is against the rules of matter because matter can't come from nothing. But if we say that the God just exists, we are not in clash with the rules of matter because the God is metaphysical.

Stick to theology and stay away from science..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Quote:So, we can't apply the rules of matter to the God.

How very fucking convenient for you. Superman's creator solved the problem by making him faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Human imagination can create a god who can do lots of tricks.

Doesn't make it real.
I guess that makes Chris Angel the incarnation of Christ since he has duplicated most of the miracles of Jesus through the art of magic and illusion. But I digress, I love it when a xtian or any religious nut gets scientific, it just demonstrates how ignorant they really are.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(April 12, 2010 at 11:38 am)chatpilot Wrote: I guess that makes Chris Angel the incarnation of Christ since he has duplicated most of the miracles of Jesus through the art of magic and illusion. But I digress, I love it when a xtian or any religious nut gets scientific, it just demonstrates how ignorant they really are.

You wouldn't be saying that if you went to his Las Vegas show. That shit was horrible.
Lmao tavarish
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

@Darwinian - one of the problems i find is one of the same problems Dawkins pointed out with God. If there is a God, what was before God, or who created God.... if God existed forever (as the theists believe) then what was he doing for all those eternities before creating the universe?

Same goes for the history of the universe (regardless of what caused it - eg: string theory). Its either a case of it has always existed (the expansion/contraction model) or the big bang, in which case, what caused the big bang... which really has to be something outside/beyond/parallel to the universe which then brings us to the regression problem. What exists beyond our universe (if anything) is going to be a real headache for us to figure out beyond the theorizing stage.

Same with going downscale. We think maybe we have the smallest particles figured out with quarks etc, but there is always the potential for there to be something smaller that we can't detect.
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
(April 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm)Loki_999 Wrote: @Darwinian - one of the problems i find is one of the same problems Dawkins pointed out with God. If there is a God, what was before God, or who created God.... if God existed forever (as the theists believe) then what was he doing for all those eternities before creating the universe?
And why would this be considered differently than the Big Bang?

Quote:Same goes for the history of the universe (regardless of what caused it - eg: string theory). Its either a case of it has always existed (the expansion/contraction model) or the big bang, in which case, what caused the big bang... which really has to be something outside/beyond/parallel to the universe which then brings us to the regression problem. What exists beyond our universe (if anything) is going to be a real headache for us to figure out beyond the theorizing stage.
And why could God not always have existed?

Quote:Same with going downscale. We think maybe we have the smallest particles figured out with quarks etc, but there is always the potential for there to be something smaller that we can't detect.
Sure... but we have nothing to say about it... because we can't detect it anyhow.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A Literal Bible. Answering questions Green Diogenes 101 7003 May 10, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne