Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employment Requirement God
Employment Requirement God
One of our areas largest healthcare providers has the following in their requirements for employment consideration. Keep in mind that this employer receives millions in federal and state funds each year through Medicare and Medicaid .

"Adheres to and exhibits our core values:

Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us."

I'll not seek employment with them and have switched to another primary healthcare provider group.

Your thoughts? Do you know of any other employer that receives federal and state funds that has a similar requirement?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Employment Requirement God
(June 22, 2015 at 11:51 am)mh.brewer Wrote: One of our areas largest healthcare providers has the following in their requirements for employment consideration. Keep in mind that this employer receives millions in federal and state funds each year through Medicare and Medicaid .

"Adheres to and exhibits our core values:

Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us."

I'll not seek employment with them and have switched to another primary healthcare provider group.

Your thoughts? Do you know of any other employer that receives federal and state funds that has a similar requirement?

It looks illegal. Discriminatory against people of other faiths.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

"all of creation" would include fettuccine Alfredo . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: "all of creation" would include fettuccine Alfredo . .

By his noodly grace, you're damn tootin'.
Is this by any chance a religious based or backed system?

If so, scroll down to #2.

http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

Sickening that such ignorant barbarians should be able to discriminate because of their bullshit beliefs but the law is made by politicians who are as big or even bigger bullshitters than the "godly."
(June 22, 2015 at 1:16 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: "all of creation" would include fettuccine Alfredo . .

By his noodly grace, you're damn tootin'.

sing it out, brother !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 22, 2015 at 2:01 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(June 22, 2015 at 1:16 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: By his noodly grace, you're damn tootin'.

sing it out, brother !!

Noodly loves me, this I know
This yummy pasta tells me so

Pass the parm, brother!
(June 22, 2015 at 1:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Is this by any chance a religious based or backed system?

If so, scroll down to #2.

http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

Sickening that such ignorant barbarians should be able to discriminate because of their bullshit beliefs but the law is made by politicians who are as big or even bigger bullshitters than the "godly."

Entity is Catholic Health Initiative.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ding...ding...ding.  We have a winner.

Biggest bunch of hypocritical losers going.
(June 22, 2015 at 5:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ding...ding...ding.  We have a winner.

Biggest bunch of hypocritical losers going.

Oh don't sit on the fence Min, tell us all exactly what you think about them Angel