Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, bugger.
Oh, bugger.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-...dies-at-93

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Oh, bugger.
DAMN!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well, 93.  He had a good run.  But still and all...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
With Love From Venus, and Positive Negative Man spring to mind as particular favorites.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

He was great in The Avengers, as were his female costars.  It is one of the best TV shows ever made, and his charisma was a significant part of its greatness.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Saw this eariler. Dr Watson to Christopher Lee's Sherlock Holmes. It's a different world.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Here is a nice tribute to him:

http://io9.com/patrick-macnee-proved-a-g...1714008028

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bugger, lost another one. BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1829 January 21, 2016 at 7:26 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Oh, bugger. Joe Cocker snuffs it. BrianSoddingBoru4 17 2234 December 23, 2014 at 7:41 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko