Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deconvertion since childhood
Deconvertion since childhood
Yes, my deconvertion process began when I was a kid thanks to my dad that happens to be an atheist himself. While he never told me that I should become an atheist, he let me grow up to decide which religion I'd like to follow. I have a christian mom and lived with her, but just like him, she never forced her beliefs on me. The only thing that made me believe in God was my school that made their students study the religion. I never had any problem with religion until I discovered how homophobic and transphobic those people could be, then I decided to myself that I'd fight against God, in my own mind. I decided that I'd rather go to hell than believe that LGBT people weren't accepted by God. Silly, I know. It's probably because I'm sorta gay, but then, being inevitablely influenced by my father, I began to loose my belief in this religion until I became unable to believe in any kind of god.

So, basically, I became a non-believer to save my well-being, not exactly by logical reasons. Not sure if it's a bad thing or not, I just know that I'm here like you all.  FSM Grin
RE: Deconvertion since childhood
Heya welcome Smile

Good for you! I think you may be the first person I have ever heard of who actually believed in God for a time but chose to reject it because it was evil. I've finally found you Big Grin It boggles my mind that there aren't more people who believe but refuse to bow down. I don't think those are bad reasons at all. I imagine your disbelief followed on from not having to tow the line anymore.

Welcome to the forum!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome

Interesting path you've taken there. Join in and have fun!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 5, 2015 at 12:02 am)robvalue Wrote: Heya welcome Smile

Good for you! I think you may be the first person I have ever heard of who actually believed in God for a time but chose to reject it because it was evil. I've finally found you Big Grin It boggles my mind that there aren't more people who believe but refuse to bow down. I don't think those are bad reasons at all. I imagine your disbelief followed on from not having to tow the line anymore.

Welcome to the forum!
I'd probably end up by siding Satan if I didn't know atheism existed. lol I also never seem anybody else taking this path before, so why not letting other people know about it?

(July 5, 2015 at 12:10 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Welcome

Interesting path you've taken there. Join in and have fun!
Thanks Steel. Yeah, I think so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist since the age of 4! meowmeow 6 3465 June 28, 2009 at 9:55 am
Last Post: meowmeow