Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:54 am

Poll: Probability Jesus was God (or son of) compared to probability Sauron existed
This poll is closed.
Much more likely Jesus was god
0%
0 0%
More likely Jesus was god
11.76%
2 11.76%
About the same
35.29%
6 35.29%
Less likely Jesus was God
11.76%
2 11.76%
Much less likely Jesus was god
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probability that Jesus was God
Probability that Jesus was God
This is a poll for atheists as it would be pointless for Christians to answer. But anyone can comment of course.

How would you compare the probability that Jesus was actually the biblical God (or the son of) to the probability that Sauron as described in Lord of the Rings existed at some point?

I'm granting a single historical Jesus that correlates with most of the NT for the sake of argument.

I vote less likely, since it's a more fantastical claim (that the God character exists compared to Sauron; the latter is more plausible).
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Probability that Jesus was God
So it's official!
He didn't exist, right?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Much less likely. About the same odds he was Caucasian too.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
How many claims to divinity have been made in history? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pe...ed_deities
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
I'll say less likely that jesus was the son of god, than Sauron actually existing at some point in history. I'll say, if jesus, the man existed, it's much more likely that he was a fraud than Sauron actually existing.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Who's Sauron?
LOTR....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
He's kind of like an evil God in the Lord of the Rings fantasy stories, but with blatantly less power than "unlimited". He can't be destroyed so it seems, but he can be beaten.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Much less likely. Sauron is easier to explain than god

And a purportedly magical Caucasian zombie Jew -_-
Sauron actually explains "evil" quite nicely as well Wink

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deconstructing Dawkins' Spectrum of Theistic Probability mralstoner 0 1297 December 23, 2015 at 1:35 am
Last Post: mralstoner