Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
What do you do?
As in, what sports?

I don't do much, but I used to. I mostly hike. I love volleyball and started training with some chaps in the fall, but I ended up having to deal with my hands shaking for he whole day afterwards (sugar levels and shit) and stopped

I used to swim a lot. I could do 70 lengths in an hour, but now I probably couldn't make 4. The grossness of the pool was stronger than me Tongue
I also used to ski as a kid, but stopped. I like ice skating and still do it almost every year. Basketball is fun, but after some contusions I have a slight fear of it.
A lot of people I know run, but I'm too worried about the ankle and knee problems I have to try it. that and I'm like real lazy but shhhhh

so what do yallses do?
RE: What do you do?
I blink. That's all the exercise I need.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
woah man, chill! you could hurt yourself training that hard!
I used to be more active and played football (soccer) as well as went skiing and shit, but now I'm just a fatty.
Oh yea, when I was in grade school, I'd get out there on the court. When that ball left my hand, it was nothing but net. Unfortunately, we were playing volleyball.

I went ice skating. I didn't fall down once. I couldn't stand up long enough to fall down.

But I love swimming. playing in the water, Swimming under somebody's legs like an underwater cave and tightening up on that backstroke.

Now I dance to music in the morning for exercise, about 200 minutes.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I play mafia

great exercise for the brain Big Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I crack a sweat just having a crap these days!
They tell me that no-one's ever died of over working, but fuck if I'm going to risk it!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I very much like hiking.  Not only is it good for your body, a walk in the woods is good for your mental health as well.  So I strongly recommend it for anyone who has any inclination for it.  When the weather is bad, I try to go to an art gallery or museum to get out and about, so that I am not just sitting about for weeks at a time.

For my upper body, I lift weights.  To start, three times a week, no more, and never two days in a row.  I hate lifting weights, but it takes very little time to get significant results, and I really like the results.  (One of the tricks is to do repeated lifts, of a weight that is easy for the first lift, but hard when you get to lift 20.  You build muscle, with less risk of hurting yourself than trying to lift the heaviest weight you can lift.)  My wife was so impressed with the results I was getting from just 15 minutes a day, three days a week, that she now lifts weights.  Her arms look better, which she likes, but also she is more able to do things without getting sore.  So this, too, is something that I recommend, for anyone who can stand to do it.

Of course, if you have a particular thing that you enjoy doing, that is likely your best option (unless it is harmful), as you need to keep at it to keep in shape.

When I was young, I ran.  I had a love/hate relationship with running.  I gave it up for bike riding.  It was nice getting rid of the pounding on the joints.  That I enjoyed, but gave it up over concerns that the seat could lead to impotence.  So now I hike, which I like best.  Hiking is easier on the joints than running, and there is no concern about pressure on the crotch doing damage.  Plus with riding a bike, there is a greater chance of sudden injury, particularly if one rides fairly fast as I did.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Before I was diagnosed with me bone disorder, I loved biking, swimming, and hiking. The disease to cycling off the list entirely ... my right leg kills me. I still swim occasionally, though it too is painful. I hike regularly at work even though it is painful; that's how I stay in shape.

As a boy, I played American football for three seasons, one in Pop Warner and two in high school. It was and is my favorite organized sport.

I walk.  I have a treadmill desk which I am usually using whenever I'm online at home.  I am walking as I type, though I'm not walking very fast.

I take the dog for a walk in the woods every morning.  I take a walk with my husband in the evenings.  We are at the top of a fairly steep hill so all walks require gaining and losing altitude in a big way.

We are still moving, so I also carry many boxes up and down stairs.  Gardening fills out my exercise plan.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.