Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Anxiety With High IQ, Empathic Abilities, And Intelligence
Social Anxiety With High IQ, Empathic Abilities, And Intelligence
Quote:Of all the psychological disorders, anxiety is the most common in the United States. About 18% of the population, or 40 million adults, suffer the disorder. Social anxiety specifically effects 15 million people, or nearly 7% of the population. When you look into why so many people suffer anxiety, it’s no surprise.

Despite all that, a study out of Lakehead University made some pretty interesting observations of the unexpected benefits of social anxiety. According to them, those with anxiety disorder scored higher on verbal intelligence tests than those who did not report anxiety.

Additionally, a study at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in New York found that people with severe anxiety had higher IQs than those who did not suffer anxiety.

Finally, researchers at the University of Haifa’s Department of Psychologyin Haifa, Israel, looked at the empathic tendencies of people with social anxiety and found “elevated mentalizing and empathic abilities,” Those suffering from severe anxiety also had higher social awareness and were more sensitive and attentive to the states of mind of others. Their social anxiety may have stemmed from the fact that they so thoroughly feel the feelings of others.

Interesting.

http://higherperspectives.com/social-anxiety/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Social Anxiety With High IQ, Empathic Abilities, And Intelligence
I'm willing to forgo a higher verbal ability and/or IQ for peace and contentment. Ignorance is bliss???
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah.. living in a bible state yeah.... it's really kinda scary considering being the black sheep that doesn't follow the crowed in ignorance
is really something. I mean i keep to myself when the religion discussion pops up and i just shut down it's like i can't openly say i'm a atheist
at most i just say i'm a humanist and that's about it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I know i'm necroposting here, but this makes so much sense. and yes mr.article, ignorance is a bliss.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Does this explain why I'm such a silly nervous empahetic turtle with dark-horse-ish smarts?
(January 27, 2016 at 11:26 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I know i'm necroposting here, but this makes so much sense. and yes mr.article, ignorance is a bliss.

If ignorance is a bliss, escapism is a utopia.
Lol, that explains a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 439 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2007 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1168 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 776 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2061 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1520 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1418 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5282 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How would you respond? (A social experiment) Foxaèr 53 5659 March 24, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1114 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr