Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New light on an old scandal
New light on an old scandal
This will probably not be very known outside of Europe, but it's kind of an Austrian myth. The murder/suicide of Crown prince Rudolf and his lover Mary Vetsera in 1889. There have been endless debates among historians about the real events back then. Naturally the court did it's best to hush it up. But now it's pretty clear what really took place, since the suicide letter of Mary Vetsera have been found in a bank depot opened in 1926.

Quote: Vetsera and Rudolf were found dead in an apparent suicide pact in 1889, at his hunting lodge in Mayerling.

"Dear Mother - forgive me what I have done - I could not withstand love. In accordance with his wishes I want to be buried beside him in Alland cemetery. I am happier in death than I was in life,” Vetsera wrote to her mother, Helene.

Farewell letters to her sister Hanna and brother Feri were also found, in an original envelope from the time that was closed with Crown Prince Rudolf’s seal.

http://www.thelocal.at/20150731/mary-vet...ters-found
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: New light on an old scandal
Interesting.  Amazing what guys will do because their dicks tell them to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The biggest scandal in history Fake Messiah 23 1518 August 14, 2023 at 8:32 am
Last Post: no one