Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The biggest scandal in history
The biggest scandal in history
What do you think was the biggest scandal in history?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: The biggest scandal in history
(August 11, 2023 at 3:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: What do you think was the biggest scandal in history?

Watergate, which may lose that distinction to Insurec-Mar-a-Lago-Seditiongate.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Jan 6th.
(August 11, 2023 at 7:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Jan 6th.

I think that's just part of the larger Trump scandal. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 11, 2023 at 7:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 11, 2023 at 7:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Jan 6th.

I think that's just part of the larger Trump scandal. 

Boru

It's a start. Let's execute him for that and then press further charges.
(August 11, 2023 at 3:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: What do you think was the biggest scandal in history?

AltarBoyButtSexGate. 

Still ongoing.
"Let's start up the Holy Roman Church!"

That shit's been running for centuries.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Political Parties.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
Watergate and Jan 6 are the biggest scandal in all history?   Come on,  to say a big scandal in a country that had barely existed for 1/25 as long as recorded civilization, and had exerted wide culture, economic and political influence for far shorter than that, would constitute the biggest scandal in history is a bit lacking in perspective?
Since we're going with only recent examples, there are two big ones that should go on the list:

~ Purdue Pharmaceuticals aggressively marketing Oxycontin as non-addictive, though they knew they were lying. Many lives ruined from drug addiction, beginning with drugs prescribed by doctors who had been deceived.

~ 51 US intelligence officials signing a letter saying that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation, though they knew it was real. They lied to influence the election. The ongoing investigation into the Bidens, Burisma, obvious bribery and for-profit interference in foreign affairs continues to look worse and worse. If Ukraine turns into WWIII, this corruption could go down in history as the beginning baby steps in world-historical disaster.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is history best forgotten? MarcusA 2 389 April 2, 2024 at 4:12 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does the Great Man approach to history still have use? FrustratedFool 45 2520 December 6, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most notorious badass in history? Fake Messiah 67 4009 September 7, 2023 at 6:39 am
  Want to know WW2 history? Brian37 12 1736 June 13, 2023 at 9:57 am
  Who was the worst Christian in history? Fake Messiah 29 3800 February 28, 2023 at 1:38 pm
  History is for suckers. brokefree 13 1360 September 2, 2021 at 10:45 pm
  The Bilble the oldest living form of written history we have jasonelijah 37 4104 April 22, 2021 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Presidential history. Brian37 16 1242 January 4, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Raven about Polls ..... History or myth? Brian37 9 1283 October 14, 2020 at 8:41 am
  History and short term memory. Brian37 20 1840 September 12, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris