Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello rationality
Hello rationality
Hello Everyone,   Heart

I am an international student that is studying LL.M International and comparative law at the George Washington University. I am 23 male and originally from Saudi Arabia. 
I have lost faith about 2-3 years ago and it was a very hard experience. You feel free but not free. Because I had to keep this to myself for a long time. I couldn't talk about it. It's extremely hard to come out not just because they would chop off your head but also because of my parents and brother and family. As a previously confidant believers things don't fall out in an instant, there are steps to turning around.  
Now that I am in the US I am amazed and at the same time I am a little sad that I might have to leave in the future.  I am here to find a sense of community.
RE: Hello rationality
Hi Mora! Hi nice to meet you! Welcome to AF

It's great that you made it out safe, and it's awful that in this day and age it is such an issue. I hope you find what you're looking for here. We have some other ex muslims around here somewhere.....

Here are your welcome waffles!! c:

[Image: Double-Chocolate-Whole-Wheat-Raspberry-W...901784.jpg]

As per Luckie's request order, raspberry and chocolate c:
Welcome
Quote: not just because they would chop off your head

One imagines that would be a big disincentive.

Welcome and speak freely.
Welcome Mora! Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hello and welcome!  I hope you do not have to return to Saudi Arabia.

While you are in the U.S., at least, for the time being, you are near many good museums and art galleries.  I recommend that you take the time to visit the many Smithsonian museums and the National Gallery of Art.  They are free and worth seeing.

Also, there are atheist groups in the DC area, if you are interested in meeting atheists in person.  There might even be one at your school, though I do not know if there is one or not.  That, of course, is a separate idea from posting at this site.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Hello, and here is a virtual pet squirrel. Make sure to feed him 13 times a day and give him orange Kool-Aid on his birthday.

[Image: fat-squirrel-squirrels-855818_500_542.jpg]

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
You should check out "Ex-Muslims of North America" on Facebook, they also have a twitter account too.
Welcome. Enjoy the forums.
(August 1, 2015 at 1:12 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Hi Mora! Hi nice to meet you! Welcome to AF

It's great that you made it out safe, and it's awful that in this day and age it is such an issue. I hope you find what you're looking for here. We have some other ex muslims around here somewhere.....

Here are your welcome waffles!! c:

[Image: Double-Chocolate-Whole-Wheat-Raspberry-W...901784.jpg]

As per Luckie's request order, raspberry and chocolate c:

Thanks for the waffles and the welcome xD

(August 1, 2015 at 1:13 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: Welcome

Thanks Big Grin
(August 1, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: not just because they would chop off your head

One imagines that would be a big disincentive.

Welcome and speak freely.

It Sure is. Thanks   Sad

(August 1, 2015 at 1:31 pm)Exian Wrote: Welcome Mora! Smile

Big Grin thanks
(August 1, 2015 at 1:36 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Hello and welcome!  I hope you do not have to return to Saudi Arabia.

While you are in the U.S., at least, for the time being, you are near many good museums and art galleries.  I recommend that you take the time to visit the many Smithsonian museums and the National Gallery of Art.  They are free and worth seeing.

Also, there are atheist groups in the DC area, if you are interested in meeting atheists in person.  There might even be one at your school, though I do not know if there is one or not.  That, of course, is a separate idea from posting at this site.

Actually that's not such a bad idea.  Lightbulb

(August 1, 2015 at 1:39 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: Hello, and here is a virtual pet squirrel. Make sure to feed him 13 times a day and give him orange Kool-Aid on his birthday.

[Image: fat-squirrel-squirrels-855818_500_542.jpg]

Welcome

I already have a cat but thanks haha.  Wink
(August 1, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You should check out  "Ex-Muslims of North America" on Facebook, they also have a twitter account too.

Will do. Thank you!  Smile
(August 1, 2015 at 2:08 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome. Enjoy the forums.

Thank you.  Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates