Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did God Give Us Free Will?
Did God Give Us Free Will?
This is the fourth thread in which I ask theists very simple questions that deserve very simple answers. The last one was Why Would You Worship?

The questions I propose to you are:
  1. Does your god know everything?
  2. Did your god give you free will?
  3. Does your god know your future actions?
  4. If your god knows what you are going to do tomorrow, do you have free will over what you are going to do tomorrow?
RE: Did God Give Us Free Will?
Oh, come on.

You could really check on recent discussions too. These last few days you did nothing than post threads about things that have been rehashed again and again ad nauseam. Same as any wayward theist coming to these boards.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 3, 2015 at 9:15 pm)abaris Wrote: Oh, come on.

You could really check on recent discussions too. These last few days you did nothing than post threads about things that have been rehashed again and again ad nauseam. Same as any wayward theist coming to these boards.
You are kidding, right? On each of the threads I posted I have been the last to respond. I have responded to EVERY SINGLE theist post that has popped up.
(August 3, 2015 at 9:13 pm)Shuffle Wrote: This is the fourth thread in which I ask theists very simple questions that deserve very simple answers. The last one was Why Would You Worship?

The questions I propose to you are:
  1. Does your god know everything?
  2. Did your god give you free will?
  3. Does your god know your future actions?
  4. If your god knows what you are going to do tomorrow, do you have free will over what you are going to do tomorrow?

You are asking questions of theists on an atheist forum shuffle. Further you hold to an atheistic worldview yourself and don't hold the God view as plausible. So one must ask your intentions for asking these questions in a setting such as this. If there is no God, there is no meaning and purpose other than what each person conjures for themselves. So those that believe in a flying spaghetti monster in the sky satisfy the purpose and meaning of your worldview. So what is your point in asking these. I will answer your questions after I get home.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Not again this was just done, so please look before starting a post.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Can you all just come your asses down? Geez! I made a mistake. I've only been here for a few days. Give me a break. I search every time before I create a thread, but the searching system is so crappy I can never find what I want.
Who is this god you speak of?
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way - Christopher Hitchens 
(August 4, 2015 at 12:13 am)BitchinHitchins Wrote: Who is this god you speak of?
My questions are more heavily directed towards Christians, because that is who I am most familiar with.
God does not exist.

Our free will is our own.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 830 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did God get rid of the Trilobites? Jehanne 41 2770 October 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 3945 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 789 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Give God Credit for the Things We Do? Rhondazvous 19 2795 March 13, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Free Will is a sign if God's inescapable weakness AtheistNexus 55 7704 November 30, 2017 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Answers to "if god did not exist" Foxaèr 25 8849 June 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4428 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  MODERATORS!!! Can you give myself and Drich ….. 21stCenturyIconoclast 81 9876 January 14, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Please give me evidence for God. Socratic Meth Head 142 21378 March 23, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: robvalue