Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another godless unbeliever
Yet another godless unbeliever
Hey!

My name's Matt, I'm from Australia. I was raised a Catholic but fell away from the faith as a yoof. I suppose I identify as a militant atheist. I like this description as it takes what so many churchies use as a snarl phrase to demean and belittle us back and gives it a positive spin.

Cheers

Matt
RE: Yet another godless unbeliever
Welcome.

The serving cart will be by shortly. The grilled baby is exceptionally moist and tender tonite.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Silly vorlon, they don't get the babee mignon until they swear allegiance to the atheist manifesto...

Welcome Matt!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Haii Matt
Hey there, Lefty. Welcome to AF Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Welcome to yet one more Aussie from another ex-RCC-er.  Great club to be out of.
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
Welcome Lefty. Enjoy our mostly sane forum.

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Welcome Matt! Smile
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello my Godless Heathens Anarchy811 27 2130 August 28, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2340 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Greetings Godless Heathen Sodomites. Darwins Disciple 40 6453 July 31, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Godless 'Merican in Bangkok Detachable 18 2020 July 26, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Bug Godless Pom in NZ dom.donald 44 5552 May 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Hi folks, I am a Godless Heathen Godless-Heathen 34 3294 May 17, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Smile Yet another new member thool 26 4498 November 23, 2015 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: thool
  Hello, All You Good and Godless People! NoFaith2Burn4 18 3971 August 21, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Godless communist The Barefoot Bum 15 2201 July 18, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The descent had destroyed me, but yet, I live. WinterHold 20 2812 March 9, 2015 at 12:00 am
Last Post: WinterHold