Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frontline: The Vaccine War
Frontline: The Vaccine War
Started watching the special Frontline did recently on the vaccine debate. So far it seems to be presenting a fairly scientific viewpoint of vaccines. (Yay, decent journalism!). Steven Novella is actually satisfied with how the show approached the subject.

Only like 10 minutes in and already know it's worth a watch, especially if you're really into the vaccine debate.

*Edit: Second link fixed
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Frontline: The Vaccine War
I'm sure you know who Chris Mooney is. I admire him for his quest for a more scientifically literate America. He was on the show 'Morning Joe' with Doctor Nancy Snyderman speaking about this issue (on Feb 15). Chris declares the 'anti-vaccine' movement's claims to be officially, scientifically debunked.

It be Here, Arrr!
Just finished watching the show. I'm really satisfied with how it hit all the points in the debate and satisfactorily showed the scientific evidence and arguments for vaccination.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I recorded that and I can't wait to watch it. My child is in the autism spectrum and I know for a fact that it wasn't cause by any vaccine. Jenny McCarthy is a nut case and should keep her mouth shut.
binnyCoffee
I just finished watching Frontline and I'm more convinced than ever that Jenny McCarthy is a loon and I'm glad Jim Carrey dumped her. I can't believe they have on that website 'Autism is reversible'. This is news to me. I feel for these parents and I understand the need to blame something and wish for a 'cure', but I think it's dangerous to let people get sucked into false hope.
Both my children had the MMR vaccine. My oldest is normal, my youngest has Asperger Syndrome. He didn't just regress after the MMR, he was born with Aspergers. He has always been the way he is now.
binnyCoffee
That's because Jenny's son got better and credited it to kelation therapy or some idiotic crap like that.

What likely happened is the child no longer fell in the autism spectrum. That can happen the older a child gets depending on how autistic they are.

I've got to admit that I'm on the autistic spectrum. And I have to tell anybody who's thinking of not vaccinating: even if there is an actual link between vaccines and autism, i've got to say that I'd rather have autism than polio or cholera or any of the other deadly diseases that vaccines have reduced the threat of.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HPV vaccine cutting cervical cancer by nearly 90% zebo-the-fat 6 941 November 4, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For you medical geeks, RNA vaccine brewer 3 857 August 26, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Interesting Headline in the War on Cancer.... Minimalist 24 4844 February 24, 2016 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Ebola vaccine looks promising abaris 9 2968 August 2, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Flu Vaccine: Do it or not? bennyboy 91 11297 November 30, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  The psychological aftermath of the drone war Something completely different 0 773 December 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  efective simian hiv vaccine created downbeatplumb 3 2655 May 13, 2011 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious