Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this Vulcan is angered.
this Vulcan is angered.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16...13593.html

The more I study what is current in the religious field the more my green blood boils. Angry

seriously though how can any Christian that claims to follow the peaceful way of Jesus look at this and then say to me, a non-believer, "We are morally superior and you would do well to be like us."?

How?

This is not the only place i have found this to be true. All over the internet one can see such blatant bigotry. one need only look. In my personal life I have seen all of this and more.

If as a theist you ask yourself "why do atheist attack God and the wholesome christian way?" then please open your eyes and see what it is that you are doing. Then go to the mirror and take a good look at your self.

If also you want to site the problems Christians run into when dealing with non-believers just remember we turn the other check only as often as you do.

In other words cause and effect should be obvious.
RE: this Vulcan is angered.
(August 26, 2015 at 12:41 am)loganonekenobi Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16...13593.html

The more I study what is current in the  religious field the more my green blood boils. Angry

seriously though how can any Christian that claims to follow the peaceful way of Jesus look at this and then say to me, a non-believer, "We are morally superior and you would do well to be like us."?

How?

This is not the only place i have found this to be true.  All over the internet one can see such blatant bigotry. one need only look.  In my personal life I have seen all of this and more.

If as a theist you ask yourself "why do atheist attack God and the wholesome christian way?"  then please open your eyes and see what it is that you are doing.  Then go to the mirror and take a good look at your self.

If also you want to site the problems Christians run into when dealing with non-believers just remember we turn the other check only as often as you do.

In other words cause and effect should be obvious.
When you read the fairy tale you will see that there was nothing peaceful about Jesus.  He's going to throw you butt into the lake of fire unless you believe in him.  And when he returns he will torture and abuse humanity, kill all life on Earth and destroy the planet.
I agree, it's absolutely disgusting the way atheism is treated as some sort of defect in many countries. It's one of the reasons I try and do what little I can to be vocal about atheism, to try and reduce this ridiculous stigma attached to it.

Learning what atheism actually is would be a really good step forward for all those mindless bigots out there. How many of them can accurately describe it? How many would write a whole paragraph instead of a few words, parroting propaganda?

Even some of our own resident theists, after being here for years, still aren't willing or able to accurately define it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
[Image: gandhi_quote_copy1326734866.png?hc_location=ufi]

I doubt that there has been a bunch of believers in bullshit who were not miserable pricks.
Just a thought but i truly feel that this forum would not exist if these types of things didn't happen. Don't they realize that they are causing their own problems on this subject....for example... how many Amish people do you see at your door trying to sell you Christianity? I understand that a non Amish couldn't be apart of their inner community but they don't treat people badly.

Of course the religious are staying away from this post. Why? because they know it happens and in their wee little hearts I think they like it that way.
(August 27, 2015 at 10:48 am)loganonekenobi Wrote: I understand that a non Amish couldn't be apart of their inner community but they don't treat people badly.

Oh, but they do. Ask any Amish what happens if he cuts ties with their fundamentalist believes. They are shunned, expelled from their families, all ties cut. The mere fact that you don't see them at your doorstep doesn't make them any better than any other fundamentalist cult. And I stress the word fundamentalist, since you won't be pestered by the ordinary church goer either.

Takes a special breed to be a fundy and I certainly don't envy them.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 27, 2015 at 10:54 am)abaris Wrote:
(August 27, 2015 at 10:48 am)loganonekenobi Wrote: I understand that a non Amish couldn't be apart of their inner community but they don't treat people badly.

Oh, but they do. Ask any Amish what happens if he cuts ties with their fundamentalist believes. They are shunned, expelled from their families, all ties cut. The mere fact that you don't see them at your doorstep doesn't make them any better than any other fundamentalist cult. And I stress the word fundamentalist, since you won't be pestered by the ordinary church goer either.

Takes a special breed to be a fundy and I certainly don't envy them.

I didn't know that.