Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown repents!
Brown repents!
Repent! Read full story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/po...110398.ece

Brown has basically committed political suicide after calling Mrs Duffy, a 66-year-old widow, a "bigoted woman" after she told the Prime Minister what everyone else has been saying this whole bloody time, we're deeply concerned about mass-immigration in the UK.

After leaving in his car unaware that his microphone was still on Brown showed his true colours.

He then adds further insult to injury by apologising afterwards, calling himself a "penitent sinner". You shouldn't have called her a bigot in the first place, you one-eyed moron.
RE: Brown repents!
Yeah, this was a hot topic yesterday. I was watching as it unfolded. Apparently Gordon Brown thinks that any strongly held opinion is "bigoted", despite the fact that Mrs Duffy was satisfied with his answer and said she'd vote for him afterwards (not knowing what he'd said behind closed doors of course).
(April 29, 2010 at 3:39 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Yeah, this was a hot topic yesterday. I was watching as it unfolded. Apparently Gordon Brown thinks that any strongly held opinion is "bigoted", despite the fact that Mrs Duffy was satisfied with his answer and said she'd vote for him afterwards (not knowing what he'd said behind closed doors of course).

Adrian, I don't agree that GB thinks everyone holding a strong opinion is a bigot, rather someone who singles out eastern european immigrants may possibly be bigoted. Big difference.
Obviously GB made a calamitous error.....he showed up career politicians for what they are....shallow.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(April 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Repent! Read full story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/po...110398.ece

Brown has basically committed political suicide after calling Mrs Duffy, a 66-year-old widow, a "bigoted woman" after she told the Prime Minister what everyone else has been saying this whole bloody time, we're deeply concerned about mass-immigration in the UK.

After leaving in his car unaware that his microphone was still on Brown showed his true colours.

He then adds further insult to injury by apologising afterwards, calling himself a "penitent sinner". You shouldn't have called her a bigot in the first place, you one-eyed moron.

That was all over the news here. Fair dinkum,I haven't laughed so much since the time Ma got tits caught in't mangle!--I've always found Brown an especially obnoxious politician,which would be fine fine if he were competent. But he isn't so it ain't.

I'm completely in favour of a policy of CONTROLLED, skilled immigration. (which Australia has),and a humane refugee policy (which Australia lacks). Here a migrant must be sponsored and does not qualify for Welfare for 2 years. The rules are stricter for people of pension age.

I do not support the concept of open borders,such as under the EU. The reason is I've been to a couple of poor European countries. It seemed to me that if I lived it one of those countries,I'd very much like to leave to live in rich country,so I could be rich too. (or even avoid starving or freezing to death) Such an obvious idea,it seems to have occurred to millions of people at roughly the same time and millions of 'em headed west.

The result is that host countries are being overwhelmed ,economically and socially. A large number of people find this situation very scary. Many of their fears are quite reasonable.

It seems from here Gordon Brown has just shot himself in the foot,as the election was going to be close in any case. To use a technical term; he's fucked.

As an outsider, I'm aware I may have completely misread the situation and the concerns of Brits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1596 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Gov. Brown (Right to die) Manowar 16 2693 October 7, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Tea Party membership driven by white people who hate brown people, sez science Ryantology 33 5965 November 4, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Uproar over Jerry Brown's aides calling Meg Whitman a "whore" Autumnlicious 0 3128 October 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Is Gordon Brown a bully Darwinian 12 4035 February 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Do I care if Gordon Brown is a bully? leo-rcc 4 1882 February 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Violet