Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous church dress code
Ridiculous church dress code
So, in July I moved back to Poland and school starts on tuesday. I start high school and my younger sister starts gimnasium. One thing that you should note is that Poland is a catholic country, this will come into play later. On the first day of school, students dress smartly (I'm wearing a charcoal grey suit) and usually have this opening ceremony kind of thing. However, as I stated before Poland is also a catholic country so of course there is a mass in church at the start (in my school and my sister's). I am luckily not required to go so of course I'm not going. However my sister has to go so my family had to just accept it and let my sister go to church (despite my sister not wanting to go and my parents being reluctant to send her). For this occasion my sister bought this top where you can see her shoulders. Guess what? The church doesn't allow it because apparently 'IT IS TOO REVEALING'. Seriously, what the actual fuck?! I mean not only are these children forced to go to church they are forced to dress a certain way! This is pretty common but it just really pissed me off so I thought I'd just rant about it online.
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: Ridiculous church dress code
Can she continue wearing that particular top so she doesn't have to go?

Seriously these types of things piss me off.
Dying to live, living to die.
I needed to drop off some donated crap at the local Baptist franchise for a house bound friend, and decided 1/2 hour prior to services was the best time to do it since somebody would be there that would know what to do with it.

I'm aware this particular church is really administered with an iron fist by a pompous twit, so I made a point of dressing WAY DOWN that occasion, figuring the worse I looked (and smelled, I declined a bath the night before) the faster I would be on my way.  The plan worked fine, I was greeted by looks of horror at first (OMG a new recruit who looks like that !!!) and then relief after explaining my errand and the item was then swiftly whisked away and I noted I was free to leave.

Dress for success would probably work in Poland too . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If they want to encourage people into Church putting restrictions on people to go is counterproductive. Next thing they'll want people to dress like the Virgin Mary because it's always the fault of the women, not the men. At which point they'll be no better than Wahaabi-Salafists.

(August 27, 2015 at 6:10 pm)piterski123 Wrote: [...]For this occasion my sister bought this top where you can see her shoulders. Guess what? The church doesn't allow it because apparently 'IT IS TOO REVEALING'. [...]

Lol... First world problems. Get her a cape... Wink
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 28, 2015 at 5:44 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Lol... First world problems. Get her a cape... Wink

Why? She gonna be fighting crime or something?
(August 28, 2015 at 5:54 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 28, 2015 at 5:44 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Lol... First world problems. Get her a cape... Wink

Why? She gonna be fighting crime or something?

Uhm, no - to cover the shoulders...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 28, 2015 at 5:55 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Uhm, no - to cover the shoulders...

You had to ruin it. Sad
When i entered my college they said that it's not allowed to grow a beard.
So i grew a beard just because they didn't allow me to
(August 27, 2015 at 6:10 pm)piterski123 Wrote: So, in July I moved back to Poland and school starts on tuesday. I start high school and my younger sister starts gimnasium. One thing that you should note is that Poland is a catholic country, this will come into play later. On the first day of school, students dress smartly (I'm wearing a charcoal grey suit) and usually have this opening ceremony kind of thing. However, as I stated before Poland is also a catholic country so of course there is a mass in church at the start (in my school and my sister's). I am luckily not required to go so of course I'm not going. However my sister has to go so my family had to just accept it and let my sister go to church (despite my sister not wanting to go and my parents being reluctant to send her). For this occasion my sister bought this top where you can see her shoulders. Guess what? The church doesn't allow it because apparently 'IT IS TOO REVEALING'. Seriously, what the actual fuck?! I mean not only are these children forced to go to church they are forced to dress a certain way! This is pretty common but it just really pissed me off so I thought I'd just rant about it online.

This is a private school, or state sponsored public school?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most ridiculous claim made by religious people Heat 11 4079 September 26, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32