Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#Blacklivesmat
#Blacklivesmat
Not sure if anyone has done a thread on this yet but if they have I apologise, I just wanted to share my opinion on this. 
The 'black lives matter' campaign is an absolute joke. This group of people often protest when black people are killed, for whatever reason that may be. 
However, based on their actions, I don't think they truly believe that black lives matter. Black lives only seem to matter when it is a white person killing a black person. Or better yet, a white cop, killing a black criminal. It is only with this scenario that they seem to become outraged and speak out or in some cases protest and riot. It doesn't matter to them when a little black girl gets shot while doing her homework.... because it wasn't a white guy. The problem, I believe, lies with race baiters who teach these people that they are victims and oppressed and to blame everything on the white man and take no personal responsibility. You see it all too often on the news, some black guy killed by police after shooting at them and then their mother or their sister will show up and blame everyone else but the 'victim'. 

The truth is that there is far more black on black crime than there is white on black crime. And more black on white crime. But these people either are completely ignorant of this or simply don't care, and I don't know which is worse. #Blacklivesmatter can go fuck themselves. All lives matter.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
RE: #Blacklivesmat
Just because a 1% drop in B on B murders perpetrated by the Bloods and Crips would save (pick one) 10, 100, 1000 times as many lives as  . . .

I'll spare you the rest of my non-PC orgasmsarcasmcriticism of non-PC sentiments voiced in the OP . . .

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Got any numbers? Statistics? Anything?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Or how about an example of them not caring about black on black crime?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I really can't be bothered to look up any stats right now, it's half 1 in the morning over here, but I don't think they are that hard to get hold of if you can be bothered.

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(September 1, 2015 at 8:28 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: I really can't be bothered to look up any stats right now, it's half 1 in the morning over here, but I don't think they are that hard to get hold of if you can be bothered.

It's your argument, man. You can't expect everyone else to check your facts.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 1, 2015 at 8:28 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: I really can't be bothered to look up any stats right now, it's half 1 in the morning over here, but I don't think they are that hard to get hold of if you can be bothered.

So, just a rant...

You do realize they were founded in lights of recent police violence. Which is a fact, given the number of unarmed black people being killed by police these last two years.
(September 1, 2015 at 8:28 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Or how about an example of them not caring about black on black crime?

Well, how many black guys are killed in the hood every week? Through gang violence and that stuff? I don't know. Do we ever hear about it? No. Do we ever hear about it when a black person kills a white person? Sometimes, but nowhere near the extent to which we hear about a white guy killing a black guy. How much of an uproar do #blacklivesmatter make a crip kills a blood or whatever? My point is that they don't.

Blacklivesmatter is wrong. It should be #Alllivesmatter. But it isn't, because that isn't true. At least not to them.

(September 1, 2015 at 8:30 pm)abaris Wrote: So, just a rant...

I did state at the start that it was just my opinion on the matter, I don't know what you expected.

Quote:You do realize they were founded in lights of recent police violence. Which is a fact, given the number of unarmed black people being killed by police these last two years.

Okay, but why were they founded then? Why weren't they founded earlier? Black people have been killing each other for years in gang violence. Why is it that only the suggestion of racism is enough to spur this movement into action?

(September 1, 2015 at 8:42 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Okay, but why were they founded then? Why weren't they founded earlier? Black people have been killing each other for years in gang violence. Why is it that only the suggestion of racism is enough to spur this movement into action?

Are you quite capable of making a distinction between unarmed and armed? I'm relatively sure that the majority of white victims are also killed by white people.

Why do I even bother? Just look up how many blacks have been killed by police or vigilantes like Zimmermann these last few years and how many times charges were actually filed.