Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idealism explained in 90 seconds
Idealism explained in 90 seconds
Clip from the IT Crowd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW0CFTsZgZM

"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
RE: Idealism explained in 90 seconds
I don't get it, but then don't want to either. HAH
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So you loved that "other" idealism thread so much that you had to start a troll thread? Why not just put this video in the existing thread?
(September 19, 2015 at 5:54 am)bennyboy Wrote: So you loved that "other" idealism thread so much that you had to start a troll thread?  Why not just put this video in the existing thread?
he's afraid I'll respond to it... lol.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them.
-Galileo
(September 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm)Rational AKD Wrote:
(September 19, 2015 at 5:54 am)bennyboy Wrote: So you loved that "other" idealism thread so much that you had to start a troll thread?  Why not just put this video in the existing thread?
he's afraid I'll respond to it... lol.

I think you overestimate  a) the importance I place on your views, b) the effect they have on me.  Presumabley I can look forward to your response by telepathy.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
Yes I could have done, maybe should have done.  Does it matter to you that much, that you wish to add 'troll' status to it? The idea was to enjoy a little humour and irony.  You may not find it so, but I think you are maybe being a little thin skinned.
(September 22, 2015 at 6:09 am)Captain Scarlet Wrote:
Yes I could have done, maybe should have done.  Does it matter to you that much, that you wish to add 'troll' status to it? The idea was to enjoy a little humour and irony.  You may not find it so, but I think you are maybe being a little thin skinned.

It is funny, though. Big Grin
(September 22, 2015 at 6:02 am)Captain Scarlet Wrote: I think you overestimate  a) the importance I place on your views, b) the effect they have on me.  Presumabley I can look forward to your response by telepathy.
I hope you didn't think that was a serious statement...
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them.
-Galileo
(September 18, 2015 at 9:55 am)Captain Scarlet Wrote: Clip from the IT Crowd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW0CFTsZgZM

I'm convinced, where do I sign up.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Short essay on dualism, idealism, & materialism as concerns Q: What is a table? Mudhammam 28 4610 February 27, 2017 at 3:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Physical idealism bennyboy 92 10588 May 20, 2016 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Idealism is more Rational than Materialism Rational AKD 158 45028 February 12, 2015 at 4:51 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Contra Metaphysical Idealism MindForgedManacle 71 14409 April 21, 2014 at 8:26 am
Last Post: archangle
  Can Consciousness Best Be Explained by God's Existence? Rayaan 80 14933 March 31, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  The Lesser of Three Evils - Intuition, Induction, and Transcendental Idealism filambee 8 2865 November 21, 2013 at 8:24 am
Last Post: I and I
  Berkeley's Idealism Neo-Scholastic 61 24585 March 23, 2012 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic