Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noobtastic
Wink 
Noobtastic
Hello Everyone Smile,
  I hope everyone is well.  I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and let you why I am here.  I was out with my wife, best friend and her boyfriend.  It was a good time until we
brought religion into the conversation.  I am a atheist and my best friends boyfriend is a Muslim. In regards to the actual conversation I wont say much unless your interested.  The point
here with no outlet for me to express my atheistic views I bombarded a liberal Muslim with intense and provoking comments. After getting home, my wife implored me to "take it down a notch" when I speak about my views because of  my passion.  I didn't burn any bridges, which is a good thing  but I made a pact with myself to not bring up my non-theist views unless provoked.  My hope is to be humbled by learning where others passion for atheism comes from.  I would like to converse with many of you as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and be well.
RE: Noobtastic
Hey Banks! Welcome

You'll find some good conversation here, and maybe, like I found, you won't even feel like your curbing your urge to jump down theist's throats when they spout inane bullshit in real life.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 20, 2015 at 11:55 am)Exian Wrote: Hey Banks! Welcome

You'll find some good conversation here, and maybe, like I found, you won't even feel like your curbing your urge to jump down theist's throats when they spout inane bullshit in real life.

Hey Exian,

hahaha, I hope to find that as well. Thank you for the welcome.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.~Carl Sagan

Welcome, Banks Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(September 20, 2015 at 12:05 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Welcome, Banks Smile

Hello Rexbeccarox!!! Big Grin

So, I just received a PM from TheThinkingCatholic, warning me of my beliefs and what will happen to me after death.  Their PM has only strengthened my atheism.  

"My friend, if you are a professed “atheist,” I promise you that YOU WILL BELIEVE IN GOD after the very first 5 seconds of awakening in the horrifying flames of Hell. There are no atheists in Hell."

This is how you try to gain followers fear? This angers me to the core of my being.  Fear is not the way to enlighten anyone.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.~Carl Sagan

Welcome! Smile

(September 20, 2015 at 11:50 am)Banks Wrote: My hope is to be humbled by learning where others passion for atheism comes from.

Mine came from common sense Wink
Welcome, and enjoy your stay. Smile
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(September 20, 2015 at 12:12 pm)Banks Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 12:05 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Welcome, Banks Smile

Hello Rexbeccarox!!! Big Grin

So, I just received a PM from TheThinkingCatholic, warning me of my beliefs and what will happen to me after death.  Their PM has only strengthened my atheism.  

"My friend, if you are a professed “atheist,” I promise you that YOU WILL BELIEVE IN GOD after the very first 5 seconds of awakening in the horrifying flames of Hell. There are no atheists in Hell."

This is how you try to gain followers fear? This angers me to the core of my being.  Fear is not the way to enlighten anyone.

That guy's been banned for spam Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(September 20, 2015 at 12:51 pm)strawberryBacteria Wrote: Welcome! Smile

(September 20, 2015 at 11:50 am)Banks Wrote: My hope is to be humbled by learning where others passion for atheism comes from.

Mine came from common sense Wink

Thank you strawberryBacteria
Smile  smile worthy statement.  This proves 98% of the US pop doesn't have common sense, Giggle

(September 20, 2015 at 12:53 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: Welcome, and enjoy your stay. Smile

Thank you Salaciuous B. Crumb

Welcome! Enjoy your flight. When over the lake of fire the captain will make an announcement.

Atheist belief is not a passion for me, just a way of life. I let a lot more other things get me worked up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.